PDA

View Full Version : When to close!

covgalxxx
02-04-2014, 04:03 PM
Right just become a childminder haven't got any children yet, but what I want to ask is I know when I am ill or my children we close, what about my partner , he is ill again he seems to be ill every few months, he works nights so if he stayed upstairs while I had children is that ok , or would it be better to close, I do think he puts it on more being a man, so don't want to lose money cause he is faking it...

tulip0803
02-04-2014, 04:37 PM
I try my hardest not to be ill myself:rolleyes:

DH is old enough to stay away from children and look after himself. In fact he would prefer to go to work unless dying than stay here when I have the children:rolleyes:. He understands that if I close I lose money
DD1 is 16 and if she is ill she is confined to her room.
DD2 is 10 - if she has been ill over night with her asthma I stay open - if she is still bad I would close but often they are night things. If she is poorly my Mum & Dad lives nearby and will snuggle her up at their house.

If it is D&V I close.

Glitter
02-04-2014, 05:35 PM
If my dh is ill I put him upstairs in bed with the laptop and leave him to it (I do take him a sandwich at lunchtime).

If me/my children are only mildly ill (colds etc) I call the parents and ask if they want to send their children.
If we have something more serious I would close.

It can be a very hard decision to make as if you have to close to often parents may think you are unreliable and leave.

covgalxxx
02-04-2014, 06:36 PM
If my dh is ill I put him upstairs in bed with the laptop and leave him to it (I do take him a sandwich at lunchtime). If me/my children are only mildly ill (colds etc) I call the parents and ask if they want to send their children. If we have something more serious I would close. It can be a very hard decision to make as if you have to close to often parents may think you are unreliable and leave.

I don't want that, just have to keep him upstairs , if he is playing up he soon won't be playin on it, again,me and my girls never ill just odd colds, have to say my periods pains are the worst things for me, I'm sitting here with a hot water bottle