PDA

View Full Version : Do I send home?

Blueeyedminder
02-04-2014, 11:21 AM
I have a LO 9months today, she's usually very happy thing but today all she's doing is crying, not like her! She has a cough and a cold which is not something Id send someone home for but I have other LOs to look after and she's constantly crying... She's asleep again for second time today! What would you do?

Kaybeaa
02-04-2014, 11:23 AM
I'm in exactly the same situation with my 10 month old mindee, he's also refusing food. Texted mum before to see if I can give calpol. Hoping she will offer to pick him up as the crying is upsetting other mindees and it's horrible to see him so out of sorts. Maybe text mum and ask about calpol? Then maybe she will offer to collect?

Blueeyedminder
02-04-2014, 11:24 AM
I'm in exactly the same situation with my 10 month old mindee, he's also refusing food. Texted mum before to see if I can give calpol. Hoping she will offer to pick him up as the crying is upsetting other mindees and it's horrible to see him so out of sorts. Maybe text mum and ask about calpol? Then maybe she will offer to collect?

Yeah she's refusing her lunch and a yogurt, not like her!! She eats anything and everything!

AliceK
02-04-2014, 11:24 AM
If it were me I would contact parents and ask if I can give some Calpol. She's probably feeling crappy and some Calpol will alleviate some of the symptoms. After all if we feel like that we dose ourselves up and carry on don't we so why should LO's just suffer.

xxx

wee_elf
02-04-2014, 05:55 PM
Did mum come and collect in the end? Poor little mite, its horrible seeing them like this :(

angeldelight
02-04-2014, 06:17 PM
Hope mom collected and hope little one gets well soon

Angel xx

Blueeyedminder
03-04-2014, 07:13 PM
Hi sorry for the late reply! No mum didn't come LO was fine after long sleep and 3 very hard poos :( think she had tummy ache :(

Nicadooby
03-04-2014, 09:30 PM
I sent one home who was like this last week, turns out the baby had a really high temp first thing in the morning so mum had dosed her up and sent her in

angeldelight
04-04-2014, 06:15 AM
Hi sorry for the late reply! No mum didn't come LO was fine after long sleep and 3 very hard poos :( think she had tummy ache :(

Awww poor thing

Is she ok now ?

Angel xx

Rubybubbles
04-04-2014, 07:15 AM
I sent one home who was like this last week, turns out the baby had a really high temp first thing in the morning so mum had dosed her up and sent her in

funny that :roll eyes:

This is why if I feel they need calpol I send them home! If they can't make the normal day without meds they aren't staying!