PDA

View Full Version : Dental treatment

eddie
02-04-2014, 08:02 AM
Hi, need some advice.

A 3yr old mindees is having a filling at the dentist at lunchtime today, no injection as far as I know.

I haven't had fillings in my life so am not sure of how painful or not it is.

Mom is taking him then dropping him back to me straight after.

Would you accept the child back or is he likely to be in pain?

Thanks for any advice.

marlee1986
02-04-2014, 08:16 AM
Hi my 6yo had one the other day, no injections needed, she was in no pain or discomfort and was able to eat as normal, hope this helps :)

AliceK
02-04-2014, 08:40 AM
My DD had the same thing when she was 4, she was fine, no pain, continued as normal.

xxx

shortstuff
02-04-2014, 08:48 AM
I would say you will need to see how the child is afterwards. All children handle things differently. LO might be freaked out, but also might just accept it and carry on as normal. Hopefully mum will be sensible and only return Lo if they are fine in themselves.

eddie
02-04-2014, 09:54 AM
Thank you for your replies, I feel reassured now.

Little one has poor speech so I was worried I wouldn't know if he was in pain. Tbh mom would return to me regardless.

hectors house
02-04-2014, 10:14 AM
Thank you for your replies, I feel reassured now.

Little one has poor speech so I was worried I wouldn't know if he was in pain. Tbh mom would return to me regardless.

I'm sure he would be rubbing his face or looking sad - sometimes non verbal communication says it all! Hope he is ok and maybe coming to you and being with his friends will cheer him up.

JenieRichards
03-04-2014, 10:35 AM
Hi, need some advice.

A 3yr old mindees is having a filling at the dentist at lunchtime today, no injection as far as I know.

I haven't had fillings in my life so am not sure of how painful or not it is.

Mom is taking him then dropping him back to me straight after.

Would you accept the child back or is he likely to be in pain?

Thanks for any advice.

Don't worry injection in gums is not as painful as injection on body. I think you should take him to dentist now rather than avoiding as the decay will start spreading more inside and it would be more painful afterwards. No worries do it asap. :thumbsup:

angeldelight
03-04-2014, 12:03 PM
I can't even read this thread

I'm sooooo scared of the dentist

Angel xx

Tinkerbell1979
03-04-2014, 12:24 PM
Kids fillings are not like adult fillings, my son had one at 5 and he had no idea x

eddie
04-04-2014, 12:46 PM

Angel xx

I feel the same way. I have a phobia of needles and dentists so it's like my two worst nightmares together! I haven't been in 30 years (bad experience, dentist struck off) and hubby takes our kids or I have a meltdown!

Little one was absolutely fine!

shortstuff
04-04-2014, 12:52 PM

Angel xx

I make oh come with me with ds because it means I have to behave. Im so determined not to pass my fear onto ds x I fully relate to hating dentists with a passion x too many bad experiences. One practice even let a dentist work knowing he had a very big liquid lunch every day :-(

loocyloo
04-04-2014, 02:06 PM
I hate the dentist too .... I have to smile and be brave in front of my children who are fine.