PDA

View Full Version : Holidays

leahsfx
01-04-2014, 07:49 PM
I know every childminder is different and can set up things how they like but just curious as to what people take as holiday per year and if they charge full/half or nothing? Thanks x

Blueeyedminder
01-04-2014, 07:50 PM
I take 4 weeks, full pay holidays a year :) x

buzzy bee
01-04-2014, 07:56 PM
I take 4 weeks half pay and anything over that no pay. I let them have 4 weeks half pay and after that full pay

cathtee
01-04-2014, 10:11 PM
I take 4 weeks unpaid, but they pay if they have hols at different time to me, also they pay for bank holidays except xmas ones, as they all have them off.

rickysmiths
02-04-2014, 09:54 AM
I take five weeks half pay, plus Bank holidays full pay if they fall on a contracted day.

Parents pay full fee if they are off when I am working.

Snowwhite
02-04-2014, 11:33 AM
I take five weeks half pay, plus Bank holidays full pay if they fall on a contracted day.

Parents pay full fee if they are off when I am working.

rickysmiths,this has often stumped me when it comes to Bank holidays fees. I used to charge full fee for my time off & full for all bank holidays whether or not they fell during my time off. (i never intend to work a BH but i did say it was double fee if needed) Parents have always payed full fee if they are off with their child and i'm not.

Now i charge half fee for my time off (prob about the same amount off as you) & also half fee for a Bank holiday regardless if it falls during my time off or not. (parents still full fee if off when i'm not) I do want to go back to charging full for all Bank hols but do you think thats accectable? (perhaps for any new parents and if a BH falls on a contracted day.) So i'm thinking keep my time off as half fee,still have Bank holidays off but always charge them at full if they fall on a contracted day,& regardless of if they fall during my time off or not.
What if some parents end up saying "well i don't get fullpay." Although others may get fullpay and be off work! Hope i haven't confused you!
Thanks