PDA

View Full Version : Why am I so tired?

buzzy bee
01-04-2014, 06:11 PM
I am exhausted all the time - all day, all evening. I have no energy to do anything. I know I have a busy job, and 2 small children but I still don't think it's right. My doctor did a load of blood tests and they were all fine and she told me it's my lifestyle.

Does anyone else feel this tired all the time? And does anyone have any tips for forcing myself to be more energetic? I'm actually considering going to bed now because OH is out and I can't even be bothered to watch tv let alone tidy or wash up.

AdeleMarie88
01-04-2014, 06:27 PM
It's a tough job that's for sure!!

Are you in a position to perhaps only do 3/4 days a week? I take vitamins and don't drink caffeine in afternoon so I know come 10.30ish I will go to bed and be out like a light until 6.30!

Is your diet healthy? Do you sleep well? The smallest of changes can make a big difference, I was feeling exhausted to the point of being ill, so I reduced my Friday hours 9-4 it makes the world of difference! Xx

buzzy bee
01-04-2014, 06:32 PM
I only work 4 days but I have my own kids so don't exactly get a day off!

My diet is ok. I have a healthy breakfast (usually porridge with banana) and healthy dinners. I probably eat my 5 a day but I do crave biscuits/cake because I feel I need a sugar rush! I have 1 tea for breakfast and no more caffeine drinks.

I don't take vitamins - maybe I should try that.

Most nights I sleep 9/10pm-6am solid!

Dragonfly
01-04-2014, 06:36 PM
My day starts at 5.30 am 5 days a week, Im very active day starts with 40 minute dog walk,between 4 and 8 children throughout the day ( older ones as well as eyfs) Have 3 grown up children and I am constantly tired out, to the extent I fall asleep in chair by 9.30pm.Must say I am a poor sleeper at night and always lack iron.
I suspect you are a lot younger with two small children, if tests are clear try to go to bed earlier and get a bit more sleep. Are you doing to much? If so slow down, we all push our selves to hard I know I do.If you want to go to bed at 8pm go, your body obviously needs rest.May be take a tonic of some kind advice from chemist?. Washing up and housework will always be there leave it and go to bed!!

Maza
01-04-2014, 06:44 PM
I could have written this post myself three weeks ago. All I needed was the good old fashioned remedy - an early night. I just didn't have time for an early night! I actually forced myself to have two in a week and honestly it worked a treat. It has literally been years and years since I had an early night. Hubby has never needed much sleep and so I just got into the habit of staying up with him. My sister came down from up North to babysit so that we could have a very rare night out for my birthday. I was so exhausted in the pub I could hardly make conversation, poor hubby. Enough was enough, an early night was a must! I had to clean the house first, especially the bedroom or I wouldn't have been able to relax in bed!