PDA

View Full Version : Sickness

toddlers896
01-04-2014, 09:04 AM
So we exclude if a child has sickness and diareah but what about just sickness.
Child was sick in mums car this morning and she took all her clothes off her before handing her over. She said it wasn't a virus, she has the cold and it was her breakfast that she brought up. I didn't have the balls to say ime not having her. God it's a tricky one. Think I need to man up or give up

tess1981
01-04-2014, 09:23 AM
There is a chance it is caused by a build up of phlegm you should know by the smell... tmi I know. This happens a lot with some of the ones I mind . But text parent and say if lo is sick again I will ask you to collect

Koala
01-04-2014, 10:08 AM
So we exclude if a child has sickness and diareah but what about just sickness.
Child was sick in mums car this morning and she took all her clothes off her before handing her over. She said it wasn't a virus, she has the cold and it was her breakfast that she brought up. I didn't have the balls to say ime not having her. God it's a tricky one. Think I need to man up or give up

Ha Ha Ha how did she know she didn't have a virus - by doing a visual test - that's as good as doing a visual blood test :laughing: :laughing:

It is difficult I agree to be firm with parents who have the brass neck to do this and it could be she had cold :laughing: :laughing: and a phlem build up :laughing: :laughing: and of course it was her breakfast she puked up what else would it be? an elephant? but she would have been sent home at my setting. No thank you. I would keep a close watch and be wary of any signs of illness and send home straight away, do not leave it long enough to spread because the next thing is you will get it as well as all the others too and that will be your fault :thumbsup: .

Good luck. :thumbsup:

bernesewalking
01-04-2014, 11:37 AM
Just got back from toddlers, over Heard two mums talking, one was saying how ill the little one had been with sickness bug, ended up in hospital over weekend and she had it yesterday, so why on earth come to toddlers then esp as there are babies there, so cross with this woman

tulip0803
01-04-2014, 12:24 PM
I sent a LO home yesterday that had been sick 3 times in 15 mins but I think it was phlegm rather than a bug but I cannot risk it with other children here and I don't want it. Mum is a HV so understood totally

KatieFS
01-04-2014, 01:10 PM
I also think even if not a virus, when a child is sick all their good bacteria comes up too. Which then makes them more susceptible to other illnesses. I would never risk it with my own, at least a day indoors. Schools would not accept a child/would send home regardless if what type of sick it was.