PDA

View Full Version : should i start doing stuff yet??

kez
23-07-2008, 07:40 PM
well i havnt even been on my ict cousre till sept as ive ahd to wait from begining of june as that was the earliest they had, i was wondering when i should start my procedures and policeys, doing DIY to the house, as we are having a playroom, toys etr???

or should i wait until i have passed the ICT course?? im unsure because i know that i will have a visit after the ICT then it takes weeks for the CRB check?? im hoping to be registered by feb or latest march??

venus89
23-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Do something!!
Keep yourself busy!
Honestly, ot goes from nothing to everything so fast you may as well get organise now while you have the time to

deactive
23-07-2008, 08:30 PM
hiya , im in the same position as you and on ICP in sept . I have started child proofing my house . It could be worth getting a childminding support worker round to give you advise on what you must do d.i.y wise (if anything ) so you can priorities things , Also buying toys as i see them at carboots and charity shops cause if you needed to buy them all new you would spend a fortune !! as ive been advised by people on here make sure you keep receipts and an account of everything your spend ! Also could be worth seeing if theres a pediatric first aid course you can get done , think it has to be completed before you register (end of ICP ) now . Also have you requested your EYFS pack ? i was told you need to get that before ICP(mine arrved today ) . I havnt started policys yet but will look into them soon
unsure what else but im sure others will have some good ideas
good luck x

kez
23-07-2008, 08:41 PM
hiya , im in the same position as you and on ICP in sept . I have started child proofing my house . It could be worth getting a childminding support worker round to give you advise on what you must do d.i.y wise (if anything ) so you can priorities things , Also buying toys as i see them at carboots and charity shops cause if you needed to buy them all new you would spend a fortune !! as ive been advised by people on here make sure you keep receipts and an account of everything your spend ! Also could be worth seeing if theres a pediatric first aid course you can get done , think it has to be completed before you register (end of ICP ) now . Also have you requested your EYFS pack ? i was told you need to get that before ICP(mine arrved today ) . I havnt started policys yet but will look into them soon
unsure what else but im sure others will have some good ideas
good luck x

no i havt heard anything else they said in june when i booked that they will arrange a first aid course and will pay for it, also i wont be in touch with a support worker until the course, i suppose incase people change there minds??

I didnt know you have to get the EYFS beofre the cousre thought they would give it when we go?? as nothing has been said??? if so where would i get one??

They also said we may be entilted to start up grants depending on where we live again told wont find out until the course.

thanks x

sarah707
23-07-2008, 08:50 PM
I'm sure they will give you a copy of the eyfs on your course... and everything else you need to know will be there or you'll be able to ask someone for it...

It's good to get an idea of what needs doing etc while you've got the time to plan for it, but you have got plenty of time, so I would concentrate on making sure your house is childproofed and reading up stuff on here...

Your course will be here before you realise :D

deactive
23-07-2008, 09:36 PM
im well jelous your first aid gets paid for !! we have to pay for our own in bristol im going for the next two saturdays
we were told we had to get our EYFS pack before but perhaps you dont have too , if you want to you call 08456022260 and request it , it is free so no harm in having it ready
we were also given details of support childminders and my areas one is coming round to give me advise on what i need to get done
i didnt mean anything i said to panic you :blush: guess things are different everywhere
i got loads to do and it feels like it gunna be an uphill struggle , hopefuly will be worth it when i get there

Annie_T
23-07-2008, 09:40 PM
make your home safe, write policies etc .. coz it be a mad rush later otherwise

sort a first aid course too - tho on your briefing session i was given detaisl of one ..maybe u have/will

LOOPYLISA
23-07-2008, 10:01 PM
I called local childrens info centre we get our icp paid for they find and pay for 1st aid:laughing: and pay for ncma etc:clapping:

Pedagog
24-07-2008, 07:19 AM
I'm in the same position, I have written most of my polices, Done some DIY, started buying some toys etc.

Good Luck

Tily Bud
24-07-2008, 07:22 AM
Id take the time and start preparing gradually x I cant beliave it takes so long now , it only took 6 weeks from start to finish for me to register xx

singlewiththree
24-07-2008, 09:39 PM
I start Sept too :)

I also have requested my pack and have been reading it as it also gives you advice on safety etc.

I've downloaded all the bromley childminding policies to use as a baseline for mine save having to type it all in.

I've ordered a downstairs toilet suite and my dad is going to fit it, fitted a finger guard in the back door and also general childproofing that I should already have with 3 children but havent. I'm moving my chemicals into a high cupboard and fitting a secure medicine cabinet etc lots of little jobs like that.

Me and the children are using the 6wks holiday for a "spring clean" Several bin bags, recycle, sell at the NCT sales and bin! then we are together going to write a wish list and start scouting around at carboots and NCT sales.

I've bought a second hand 3 wheeler double buggy, one of those in good deals from a friend of a friend that just happened to come up.

There is definately loads to be working on until the course so I dont feel too useless, I just hate the fact I have to still do my day job!

butterfly
25-07-2008, 11:58 AM
i would definately start. i started from the min i went on my pre-reg. it took me 5 months to get registered and i've been preparing all along and there's still stuff to do!

kez
08-08-2008, 10:27 AM
ive ordered my EYFS pack to get a look at it before i start and have also started some policys and my partner is hopefully going to start the DIY this weekend x