PDA

View Full Version : Tricky....advice please

01-04-2014, 08:11 AM
Just need advice re: wording of text. Have a 4 year old schoolie.....he was dropped off yesterday morning and dad said he had been sick sat night cause he had eaten too much junk food at a party. I went along with it as LO was fine in himself and dropped him at school. This morning he came to mine and was sick on my sofa. He said he had tummy ache and I called mum to collect. In the meantime he does a runny poo in my toilet and curls up on sofa waiting for mum.

Mum has arrived and LO has perked right up (typical!). I told her that cause of sickness and runny bum I won't see him now till Fri. Mum insists it's not a bug and says he looks fine.

I don't think she agrees with me. I explained that school won't want him for 48 hours either. She said she might keep him home tomorrow or take him to school herself.

Thinking of texting her later to see how he is....want to reiterate in my text that I won't have him till Fri even if he is better tomorrow.....advice on wording would be great :) Thanku x

Mrsh3103
01-04-2014, 08:16 AM
Maybe just say.... hi, how is x feeling? See you friday.
Short and sweet and obvious you're not expecting to see him any time soon.

Goatgirl
01-04-2014, 08:46 AM
Hi :),
I would say something like...

Hi x,
Just wanted put in writing what we discussed earlier today regarding lo's illness in case there was any misunderstanding.
As discussed, lo cannot attend my setting again until 48 hours after the last bout of vomiting or diarrhea occurs. Currently this would be Friday.
This policy is in place to protect everyone who uses my setting: from illness through cross infection and from being without childcare because my family's illness causes me to close the setting.
I do hope lo is better soon and hope to see him Friday. Please keep me informed. Thank you x.

Hope this helps :). Good luck :thumbsup:

01-04-2014, 07:06 PM
Well I kept my text simple in the end just asking how LO was and said that I would hopefully see them on Friday. But I gave had no reply from mum so think she's not happy with me for excluding :(

bunyip
01-04-2014, 07:12 PM
Just remember you exclude every time for D&V. The cause is absolutely irrelevant. It's an instruction, not a debate. Be absolutely firm about this and do not discuss causes and 'diagnoses'.

02-04-2014, 01:22 PM
Well I have just found out that they sent him to school today! I don't think school would be too happy if they knew :(

Mouse
02-04-2014, 01:47 PM
Well I have just found out that they sent him to school today! I don't think school would be too happy if they knew :(

To be honest, lots of schools don't enforce the 48 hour rule any more. I got into trouble for keeping one of my children off for 2 days after they'd been sick. I phoned on the second day to say they were completely fine, but still wouldn't be in, due to the 48 hour rule. The secretary told me that didn't count and they should have been back at school that day!!

wee_elf
02-04-2014, 06:03 PM
I wish they would enforce it more routinely, it would give the other children (and staff!!) a fighting chance to avoid all the bugs x