PDA

View Full Version : Verbal Diarrhoea in Interviews

button68
23-07-2008, 07:09 PM
Does anyone else suffer from this?

I saw a parent today and it went quite well but WOW!!! can I talk :blush:

Lookig back I wouldn't be suprised if I scared her off :( - but having said this we have alot of information we are trying to impart in quite a small space of time. I guess we just have that one chance to sell ourselves.

Am I alone with this problem :eek:

sarah707
23-07-2008, 07:13 PM
I have been known to talk complete and utter drivel...

Both on the phone and during the interview :rolleyes:

venus89
23-07-2008, 07:20 PM
I can't alk to people in a social situation at all - I'm a total misfit. BUT boy can I spout it when it comes to business - it's amazing, even I can't believe it's me....

I just wanted to say I'm so glad you used that phrase as my English teacher when I was 12 said I had 'verbal diahorreah' and I've never heard it since then. I think I was quite insulted at the time!!

Oh - and that is one of about 5 words I just cannot spell.

Pipsqueak
23-07-2008, 07:26 PM
I have verbal diarrhoea (nearly abbreviated but I realised in time what the sentance would have read like lol) nearly all the time. And I can manage to put my foot right in it even when there doesn't appear to be somewhere to put it

venus89
23-07-2008, 07:30 PM
I have verbal diarrhoea (nearly abbreviated but I realised in time what the sentance would have read like lol) nearly all the time. And I can manage to put my foot right in it even when there doesn't appear to be somewhere to put it

And I totaly agree that putting your foot right in your verbl diahorreah is a much more pleasant mental image than what you were trying to avoid :laughing:

Apologies once more, the kids have broken up, hubby is away, I'm UNKNOWABLE

Rubybubbles
23-07-2008, 08:33 PM
oh yes when it comes to the job i'm none stop!!!

otherwize i'm a mouse:littleangel:

Pipsqueak
23-07-2008, 09:14 PM
And I totaly agree that putting your foot right in your verbl diahorreah is a much more pleasant mental image than what you were trying to avoid :laughing:

Apologies once more, the kids have broken up, hubby is away, I'm UNKNOWABLE

:laughing: :D so true

miffy
23-07-2008, 09:21 PM
:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

Miffy xx

Pipsqueak
23-07-2008, 09:22 PM

Actually the second sentance is quite dodgy as well om goodness:eek: :eek:

miffy
23-07-2008, 09:25 PM
I needed a good laugh - thanks Pip :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

Pipsqueak
23-07-2008, 09:28 PM
You are most welcome :thumbsup: :thumbsup: - just have a good laugh at the dopey one!!! go on......feel free.... I can't help it y'no and I ain't even blond! (sorry all you blondies....):laughing: :laughing:

Bushpig
23-07-2008, 09:42 PM
Pip, the hole you're digging is just getting bigger and bigger! haha :laughing: :laughing: Very funny to read.

And yes, I too chat a lot in interviews... but refer to it as *passion*.. not poo :D

Pipsqueak
23-07-2008, 09:45 PM
Pip, the hole you're digging is just getting bigger and bigger! haha :laughing: :laughing: Very funny to read.

And yes, I too chat a lot in interviews... but refer to it as *passion*.. not poo :D

you think this is funny !!! you should see some of the stuff we come up with on here....
just as a newbie test - run around the forum shouting Tena Lady.:laughing: :laughing:

(welcome jenni by the way)

Bushpig
23-07-2008, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the welcome :)

Tena Lady? Oh pray tell the story behind it!:D

Pipsqueak
23-07-2008, 09:51 PM
I'm not sure if this is the actual thread

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2642&highlight=Tena+Lady

There was a really funny thread where we all waffled on and for some reason we got onto tena lady. Actually i think the thread started of quite serious but due to my VD (VERBAL DIAHORREA everyone) I think I just twittered on in a childish and comedic way!!! :D

Bushpig
23-07-2008, 10:10 PM
Oh that post is TOO funny and TOO true!!! :magnificent:

I actually have those dappled glass bricks on the one wall in my bathroom, that lends light into the passage, and helps with this very thing. So the younger kids like to stand there and *watch* me :eek: But they do not see any detail, just this *shape* inside... doing her thang! haha

It's weird for me.. waving at these 4 or 6 eyes looking at me... whilst I, ahem...

crazybones
23-07-2008, 10:12 PM

:ROFL1: You made my pmsl.

Pipsqueak
24-07-2008, 06:44 AM
:ROFL1: :ROFL1: sorry hun

miffy
24-07-2008, 08:18 AM
:ROFL1: You made my pmsl.

You need the Tena Lady too then Annie!

Miffy xx

crazybones
24-07-2008, 08:20 AM
You need the Tena Lady too then Annie!

Miffy xx
Chuck us some of yours Mandy - I cant get to the shops until the weekend. :laughing:

FizzysFriends
24-07-2008, 08:44 AM
you lot are so funny, I think you shoud get a comedy show on tv. How about calling it Chuckling childminders

Pipsqueak
24-07-2008, 10:41 AM
Chuck us some of yours Mandy - I cant get to the shops until the weekend. :laughing:

oh if anyone is going to the shops I need some milk please - semi skimmed....:D

crazybones
24-07-2008, 10:43 AM
oh if anyone is going to the shops I need some milk please - semi skimmed....:D

:laughing: I have just sent hubby a message on MSN because he gets a lunch hour and has a big Asda 2 minutes away.

Actimel
Yogurts
Kids Vitamins
Milk
Food colouring (that will stump him)
and a bag of play sand

:laughing: :laughing: He is going to regret suggesting that he picks up bits for me in his lunch break.

Pipsqueak
24-07-2008, 10:49 AM
really stump him Annie - tell him Pip needs some semi-skimmed and would be grateful if he could drop it of in Darlington! lol

crazybones
24-07-2008, 11:00 AM
I asked him but I think he has a problem with his keyboard as there was a message returned that was full of asterisks and exclamation marks. :laughing: :laughing: