PDA

View Full Version : Accident books

Dragonfly
30-03-2014, 06:21 PM
I have always used an accident book from a office suppliers which Ofsted have been happy with. I now see some childminders on ebay have made their own to sell which look rather good. Do any of you ladies/gentlemen use the ones of ebay? You can I know just use a note book one page per recording.

hectors house
31-03-2014, 06:52 AM
I use the PACEY one for bigger bumps and bruises but have designed my own slips for small accidents that require a cuddle rather than first aid, I still file them to my PACEY folder. Haven't seen the ones on e-bay but I think as long as Ofsted are happy with what we are all doing whether it be own forms, or office book or pre-printed book that's the main thing.

Simona
31-03-2014, 07:01 AM
I have always used an accident book from a office suppliers which Ofsted have been happy with. I now see some childminders on ebay have made their own to sell which look rather good. Do any of you ladies/gentlemen use the ones of ebay? You can I know just use a note book one page per recording.

Nothing wrong with devising your own...all it needs to be is a simple table with the required details such as date , time what you did and signatures etc etc

If Ofsted were happy with yours and you are ...why change?
I have seen very intricate forms pages and pages of them...really not required...cut down on paperwork and cost if you can

Yes... I fear Ebay will be awash with people busy selling forms to cms...welcome to the childcare market!!

Dragonfly
31-03-2014, 01:11 PM
Thank you for your comments. My office one was very basic, time ,place, what happened and treatment. pacey looked very expensive (not with them) so looked at this self made one which has on each page the body form which I liked.I might devise my own. As long as all the details of the accident are enclosed I know it doesn't matter what book we used. I get mine from a office supplier 3 miles away and it is a bit out of the town-the shop so that is why thinking of changing.