PDA

View Full Version : Really ahocked at Paypal scam

jadavi
29-03-2014, 08:46 AM
yesterday I was informed that I had authorised an online monthly magazine costing £42.50 aid through my PayPal.
There was a link saying 'if you dispute this click here' which I did
It if course wanted my log in details.
The webpage address was not Paypal.
I hastily checked my PayPal account and there was no such payment.

littlemiss605
29-03-2014, 09:12 AM
Thanks for the heads up.glad you realised.

amylouise867
29-03-2014, 09:52 AM
yesterday I was informed that I had authorised an online monthly magazine costing £42.50 aid through my PayPal. There was a link saying 'if you dispute this click here' which I did It if course wanted my log in details. The webpage address was not Paypal. I hastily checked my PayPal account and there was no such payment.

I've had this too and the email looks exactly like the ones paypal send.

I did check the sender on the email though and that's the only way I could see it wasn't paypal as knew the sender address was different.

I did log in to my account via the app to check all was ok and yes it was.

I did think to myself though that many must fall into this.... It's a very very crafty crafty scam!!

SYLVIA
29-03-2014, 09:54 AM
Yes I have emails saying my paypal security has been tampered with and asking me to login. However they are send these emails to an address that I never use for my paypal transactions. So I don't even open them anymore

Toothfairy
29-03-2014, 10:06 AM
I must have about 3 emails a day from scams telling me either my Paypal account has been suspended or from banks that I don't bank with telling me my accounts have been suspended.
I just ignore & delete them without even opening them up!

karen2010
29-03-2014, 10:28 AM
I get emails saying I have made a payment to Skype - always the same amount - don't even use Skype !
I also delete without opening x

jadavi
29-03-2014, 10:30 AM
Yup mine was a Skype online journal

These people are thieves though . We should have somewhere we can report them. So many naive people can fall into the trap

Nickidela
29-03-2014, 10:38 AM
I get skype and paypal ones all the time. I never used skype so always ignored that. I'd log In separately to my paypal account to check it - never by using their link and would always see there is no problem. I had one yesterday from paypal and I did have to laugh as it was so badly worded but no punctuation!

ja-lula-belli
29-03-2014, 10:50 AM
I have had these many times I have reported them if you look closely at the details it is ever so different and doesn't have your shipping address and real PayPal always does and no merchant address Also the PayPal logo is slightly pixelated where as the real one is super clear Always click off and check regular PayPal
When reported PayPal said they never ever send links !!

Pixie dust
29-03-2014, 11:47 AM
These people are thieves though . We should have somewhere we can report them. So many naive people can fall into the trap

With my email account you can report emails as scams whether they actually do anything is another story. Like others said I am always getting them from banks who I don't even have an account with. I had one recently supposedly from Amazon about a recent order.

sarah707
29-03-2014, 12:17 PM
I regularly get them telling me I've joined Skype - I haven't so I delete them :rolleyes: :D

Glitter
29-03-2014, 01:08 PM
Thanks for the warning. I fell for one recently about a parcel that I needed to collect. I downloaded a virus on to my computer. Thankfully it did not do any long term damage, and a friend of my husband sorted it out for me.

SYLVIA
29-03-2014, 06:00 PM
It's similar to the phone calls I get repeatedly tell me I can claim PPI on a LLoyds bank loan I had 5 years ago. I have never had a lloyds loan and no loan within the last 10 years!!

supermumy
30-03-2014, 10:26 AM
I get bees all the time paypal told me they would never say dear customer they always use your full name so look out for that also

jadavi
30-03-2014, 11:02 AM
Thanks super mummy will look out for that

Rick
30-03-2014, 02:27 PM
I got two Paypal ones today. I don't use Paypal!

alwaysright
31-03-2014, 03:45 PM
i often get ebay ones saying my non payment has been upgraded to a claim or whatever they say, i know i havent bought anything so i just delete! glad you realised in time

jackie 7
31-03-2014, 06:43 PM
I got one from amazon.com I have used of to buy things for my niece. Lucky I had good antivirus and my great computer man fixed it remotely. Next one I delegated the card scam is going around again. They ring you to say your card has been cloned and they will collect it.