PDA

View Full Version : Business name

amyp
28-03-2014, 12:37 PM
Is it rude to other local childminders to call my business "village name" childminders?

I want a name that advertises my location.

snortlet
28-03-2014, 12:58 PM
could you use part of your address? such as Bluebell Close childminders or Park Side to give a clue to location?

HTSMumma
28-03-2014, 01:43 PM
I say, call yourself whatever you like! It wouldn't bother me in the slightest if another childminder started calling themselves after our area. They could call themselves anything they liked to be honest...

Just be careful about abbreviations or how words sound together... I nearly called myself Nena's Nippers until I said it to my husband and said nipples instead.

NinkyNonk
28-03-2014, 05:07 PM
I'm just starting up, and although I'm not necessarily calling myself it...my website address is childminder-..........town name. Purely because my husband does websites and blabs on about search engines etc. :-) Like I say, I'm not particulatly calling myself that name - in fact I'm not sure I'm using any name really..

loocyloo
28-03-2014, 05:15 PM
I'm just starting up, and although I'm not necessarily calling myself it...my website address is childminder-..........town name. Purely because my husband does websites and blabs on about search engines etc. :-) Like I say, I'm not particulatly calling myself that name - in fact I'm not sure I'm using any name really..

I'm the same. I don't have a business name and do just use my own name but my website is www.my name my town.co.uk as it helps me come up in searches!

bunyip
28-03-2014, 05:30 PM
Yeah, do it: why not? :huh:

......unless you happen to live in Pratt's Bottom. :D

samb
28-03-2014, 09:48 PM
Yeah, do it: why not? :huh: ......unless you happen to live in Pratt's Bottom. :D

Haha that would be great!