PDA

View Full Version : Website

amyp
27-03-2014, 09:47 PM
Do many of you have a business website?
Do you get much business from it? Or share things on it?

I'm just trying to see if it's worth the investment.

ja-lula-belli
28-03-2014, 04:16 AM
I have a free website from wix.com and is amazing the web address is a little long winded rather than buying your own domain but it's free and very worth it

shortstuff
28-03-2014, 05:15 AM
I paid a local small business to design mine. Its brill and way more creative than I could have ever come up with. I have definitely gained business through it. Also I ask new enquiries to look through it before we book a visit as it answers lots of questions. By doing this it reduces the amount of no shows.

Greengrass74
28-03-2014, 07:29 AM
I have a free website that I set up using weebly.com. It is so easy to do and I can change it whenever I want, I also have a daily blog on the site. I have had lots of enquires through the site and it has generated business for me.

I would say that if you are able then use one of the free sites to set up a web site if not there are some good companies that will do you a site for a reasonable price.

Rick
28-03-2014, 08:07 AM
I have a free one too with Moonfruit. It's definitely worth it. Once it's done it's only needs small tweaks every now and then. I find it useful to direct parents to it so they can get a feel for the setting their child may attend. It might reduce the time wasters because they can see your setting and get to know you before coming round

tess1981
28-03-2014, 08:24 AM
I have a like page on Facebook... update it with spaces available or what the children are doing or if a new childminding related item goes up on NICMA I share it.

Glitter
28-03-2014, 06:54 PM
I have a free website through weebly. It took a couple of hours to set up, but I like the fact that I can update it when ever I want. It also allows me to check how many people have looked at my website, and people can fill in an enquiry form so I don't have to put any of my personal contact details on the website.

I have had a lot of enquires from the website, and lie others have said it does help reduce time wasters.