PDA

View Full Version : Changes to Nursery Milk Scheme

Mouse
27-03-2014, 07:51 PM
Government maps out changes to Nursery Milk scheme | Nursery World (http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/nursery-world/news/1143069/government-maps-changes-nursery-milk-scheme?fb_action_ids=10152720750035558&fb_action_types=og.likes)

It's about time something was done, in my opinion.

I do wonder how it will work for childminders though. Will a distribution company think it's worth their while to come and deliver my single pint of milk each day?

karen2010
27-03-2014, 08:06 PM
Ditto ! More Government meddling ! I much prefer to claim online !

rickysmiths
27-03-2014, 08:41 PM
I must say I have never bothered to claim free milk it always seemed so complicated. I just put milk through on expenses.

loocyloo
27-03-2014, 08:43 PM
I must say I have never bothered to claim free milk it always seemed so complicated. I just put milk through on expenses.

I used to, then I had a company deliver it and once I moved I got out of the habit and really can't be fussed about starting again!

Simona
27-03-2014, 08:47 PM

It is a very simple scheme really and worth claiming for something the govt gives for free to children...never had any problems really

The problem is when a 'middleman' is introduced who is only doing it for profit...seem very much like what agencies will do!!

karen2010
27-03-2014, 08:47 PM
I did it online a couple of months ago was really easy - apparently they have simplified it - it's an extra £8 a month in my bank account for 10 minutes of my time initially and a couple of minutes to re-enter claim on the first of each month - I work for over two hours for that when minding !!!!

Mouse
27-03-2014, 08:57 PM

It's really easy to claim online. I do my claim twice a year. It's a nice little sum to get in my bank account.

hectors house
28-03-2014, 08:25 AM
My childminding milk is delivered at the same time (twice a week) by the dairy who brings my own personal milk - I just fill in an e-mail form each week to confirm how much I have received - it's really easy - I do think though it would be easier if the dairy was in charge though instead of having a middle man milk agency - maybe then the dairy could pass on some of the extra money to the farmers.