PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP information on re-registering please

marlee1986
27-03-2014, 07:15 PM
Hi all, i have not been on here for ages and its gunna be a bit of a long post but im hoping some one can help me :) and please dont judge :)

ok so i was a registered childminder a few years ago.

my partner had been diagnosed with a diese and unfortunately had to have a colostomy bag. everything to begin with was great, but then i watched my man go down hill, it mentally and physically got to him.
i carried on working as a childminder, as he would be absolutely fine infront of the children(my 2 and 1 mindee) but as i watched him sink further and further in to depression there was an incident :( and i failed to notify ofsted, i completely forgot i had too, i was on auto drive to keep my family together and work, and be a mum and do everything.

ofsted was fine with it and understood that i had alot on my plate, but said if i was to continue my oh couldnt be there, so he moved out so i could continue working, but he went to get better, i had to work to provide for my children

in order for me to continue working if he was to be in the house he had to go for a medical, but these always coinsided with his hospital appointment and he never made it.

then a lady from ofsted knocked on my door, but i had stopped working as a childminder as i was pregnant and very sicky, and the mindees mum was pregnant too so, wasnt working but still registered, my oh had been unable to attend, and i didnt think i would go back to childmiding so gave up my registration there and then.

any how, we have now moves and all happy and healthy, and the area we have moved too is desperate for childcare so thinking of going back to childminding.

my questions before ringing Ofsted tomorrow are:

will my oh still have to take his medical (dont mind either way, will Ofsted pay or us)
do i have to do the full child minding registration process again
would they decline my re-registration due to the past

thank you :)

Mouse
27-03-2014, 08:17 PM
I'm sorry, I don't know the answers, but want to wish you lots of luck in getting started up again xx

loocyloo
27-03-2014, 08:44 PM
I don't have any answers either, but like mouse, wish you all the luck you need. x

marlee1986
27-03-2014, 08:45 PM
thank you ladies x

Kiddleywinks
27-03-2014, 09:27 PM
I resigned my registration, 3 years later decided to go back to minding, and had to start the whole process again from scratch, which was actually a good thing as the EYFS had come along in the meantime

With regard to your oh, I don't know, but things you would need to consider is if the incident resulted in a criminal offence/official caution, the chances are ofsted would definitely need to be reassured that he is a suitable adult, but they may put restrictions on him again. Only they will be able to tell you for sure

Good luck

marlee1986
27-03-2014, 11:13 PM
hi kiddy thankyou, there was no criminal offence/ caution taken against him. thank you for your imput, will ring ofsted tomorrow and see wher i stand x