PDA

View Full Version : Holiday childcare

KatieFS
26-03-2014, 10:25 PM
Hi all

I'm seeing a mum on Friday, possiblity of taking her 2 children (9 and 10 years old) for what sounds like school holiday cover.
Ive never done this before - willing to give it a go as I have a few term time children, so often the holiday periods are quiet and could do with some hours over this time.

Does anyone offer this? Do you just do a contract with ad-hoc specifications on it?
what are the downsides. I;m thinking as I may only see the children now and again, quite hard to build relationships with them.

cheers

amyp
27-03-2014, 07:14 AM
I offer this- kids build relationships fast if you are willing to play what they like!

The contract is the tricky bit as I take payment in advance but no deposit- and obviously no set hours. I am just really flexible with my ad hoc families

KatieFS
27-03-2014, 09:42 AM
Thanks Amy. What ages do you mind for?

shortstuff
27-03-2014, 10:36 AM
I have children who attend during holiday time only. I put this on the contract in the same way I would put term time only. I am flexible about the days they book but make them aware of a minimum I expect.

kaz26
27-03-2014, 11:18 AM
I offer this for a few children ages 4,8 and 11 and have built very good relationships with them so much so they don't want to go home!