PDA

View Full Version : mobile phone

summersue
23-07-2008, 02:10 PM
I just bought a new mobile phone can I claim on expenses for this.

childminder54
23-07-2008, 02:22 PM
i dont know sorry..

veronicaxx

Wiggly
23-07-2008, 03:02 PM
If it is used solely for Childminding and you can prove it then I assume you can but if it is a bit of both childminding and personal then maybe a percentage.

I'm sure one of the other ladies with more experience will be able to answer your questions.

Wiggly
x

aly
23-07-2008, 10:16 PM
yes
we were told we can

i have a contract but when im registered i will get a
pay and go solely for childminding.

:thumbsup:

jaz
26-07-2008, 12:59 PM
So because I use my mobile as my business number, does that mean I can claim for it fully, or because I may have other phonecalls, only put a percentage thru, or is it like the wear and tear clause that you can work it out like that?

J
x

ps can i backdate it for last year if I work out all my phonecalls on it, I have the itemised bills so I could work out costs, which may bring my tax bill down slightly?!

aly
26-07-2008, 09:54 PM
i dont think you can claim fully as you are using it for personal too.
if you have an itemised bill i would highlight the childminding calls and put that through.

I broke my mobile [twice in 2 months so couldnt claim on my insurance] so i bought a 6.99 phone. it is fine until my contract is renewed end of sept. then i will use the free sim and that will be for childminding, once im registered that is.

Minstrel
27-07-2008, 08:40 AM
I have a pay as you go mob which i plan to continue to use for childminding but because i wont have an itemised bill and it will be for personal use too does that mean i cant put any of it through my books?
OH has two mobs ( work and personal) and it drives him mad carrying 2 about.
Could i just put say £5 or £10 a month through for credit top up or do you need more proof its going on childminding? (sorry to butt in on the thread)

crazybones
27-07-2008, 08:43 AM
I used a pay as you go mobile and put through half of my top-up everything I top up. I am probably using it more 75% work 25% personal but cant be bothered to work it out. :o

PaulaR
27-07-2008, 08:43 AM
I use an accountant for my tax and he is happy for me to put the pay as you go receipt through with the percentage I used for business. Some recepits are for £7.00 andother for £9.00 or maybe £5.00. I try to be as honest.

Minstrel
27-07-2008, 08:46 AM
Thanks for that. i hardly use it now- maybe £5 a month so i doubt i'd be putting large amounts through anyway. cheers !:thumbsup: