PDA

View Full Version : EYITT-anyone doing this as a childminder?

MAWI
25-03-2014, 10:10 PM
Hi

I registered for the EYITT in September 2014 whilst I was in my post within a nursery. I have recently finished and gone back to childminding, only to be told by the provider that I cannot do it as a childminder, I have to be in paid emoloymwnt in a setting. Feeling rather deflated. Is there anyone doing this course as a childminder ?
Many Thnaks

Bluebell
26-03-2014, 06:00 PM
is this the EYITT which is the same as the EYT? Lots of people have done it as a childminder. Who is your provider?

MAWI
26-03-2014, 06:28 PM
is this the EYITT which is the same as the EYT? Lots of people have done it as a childminder. Who is your provider?

it's In partnership with Anglian Ruskin University. Provided by Mpowernet. Yes same as early years teacher. Early years initial teacher training.

I finished my job and thought I could do it from childmnding. Feel a little lost now! Spoke to Development officer, she doesn't not know .

LittleRabbits
19-04-2014, 06:51 PM
I really want EYTS but in process of registering as a childminder and I am worried I wont be allowed to do the course

kim-d
20-04-2014, 03:09 PM
I really want EYTS but in process of registering as a childminder and I am worried I wont be allowed to do the course

A childminder friend of mine has just done and passed the EYTS and the assessor was impressed how hard childminders work. There's no reason why you can't do it. I'm from Liverpool.:)

LittleRabbits
20-04-2014, 03:58 PM
Ah right, thanks for that :-)

MAWI
20-04-2014, 06:35 PM
A childminder friend of mine has just done and passed the EYTS and the assessor was impressed how hard childminders work. There's no reason why you can't do it. I'm from Liverpool.:)

Do you know if they have done it from a Foundation Degree or a full BA?

many thanks