PDA

View Full Version : preparing for your registration vist

lauzza99
25-03-2014, 06:35 PM
hi wanting a little help please or ideas one what i can out in these questions please.

how will you assess childrens indivdual needs and starting points when they begin their time with you.

how will you know that children are progressing in their learning and development and how will you use this knowlegde to plan their further development.

thanks very much :) :)

unalindura77
25-03-2014, 07:01 PM
[QUOTE=lauzza99;1352130]hi wanting a little help please or ideas one what i can out in these questions please.

how will you assess childrens indivdual needs and starting points when they begin their time with you.

For this you can ask parents to fill out an all about me form, google it and search it on here there are some good templates. They ask questions regarding where children are, what they can do, what they like, what they're trying to do etc.

how will you know that children are progressing in their learning and development and how will you use this knowlegde to plan their further development.

[B]You'll do this by means of observing them over the first few weeks/months depending on how many days they are with you, you'd do this using the EYFS outcomes and the development matters. It might help for you to put together a learning journey or tell the inspector how you plan to use one, to do observations, assessments and planning for next steps.
You can buy learning journeys from nursery world and other places or make your own one up. Hope that helps. I don't have much experience but this has worked for me

lauzza99
25-03-2014, 07:12 PM
Thank you :)