PDA

View Full Version : android forum app crashed?

loocyloo
25-03-2014, 03:05 PM
I am sure I was looking at the forum on my phone this morning, but might have been the laptop!

just looked now and got a pop up to say 'the remote server sent an unknown response. this could be the result of the forum software plug in being outdated or having a conflict'

so tried on my android tablet, and got the same message ....

is there some work being done or anything?

both worked fine last night, and everything else is working! I haven't updated anything!

I've got a Samsung mini phone and Samsung tab3 if that makes any difference?

thanks x

FussyElmo
25-03-2014, 03:57 PM
I am sure I was looking at the forum on my phone this morning, but might have been the laptop!

just looked now and got a pop up to say 'the remote server sent an unknown response. this could be the result of the forum software plug in being outdated or having a conflict'

so tried on my android tablet, and got the same message ....

is there some work being done or anything?

both worked fine last night, and everything else is working! I haven't updated anything!

I've got a Samsung mini phone and Samsung tab3 if that makes any difference?

thanks x

Have you tried uninstalling and installing it :thumbsup:

Richard
25-03-2014, 04:00 PM
We did some updates to the forum software this morning which may have caused a very small amount of downtime. I have just checked the Android forum app and it seems okay now?

Sorry for any inconvenience.

loocyloo
25-03-2014, 04:12 PM
its still not working.

when I've got time, i'll un install and re -install it!

thanks x

Kiddleywinks
25-03-2014, 05:18 PM
Problems on my iphone and ipad too, had to come on the laptop - ooo get me with all this technology (and still can't figure out how to use any of it :laughing:)

Edit:
Richard, it says it's a 'Parse Error'
Uninstalled and reinstalled on the iphone

hectors house
25-03-2014, 05:18 PM
I can't read my "likes Notifications" - could read them this morning but now it comes up with a random message about something not being compatible? This is on normal computer, not a laptop or phone app.

loocyloo
25-03-2014, 06:03 PM
have uninstalled and and re-installed. still getting the same error message on both phone and tablet.

Kiddleywinks
25-03-2014, 06:11 PM
I'm on my iPhone, can't access the 'current' threads, but can access the forums via the different headings.
Still getting 'parse error' and the same error message as loocyloo

loocyloo
25-03-2014, 06:33 PM
I'm on my iPhone, can't access the 'current' threads, but can access the forums via the different headings.
Still getting 'parse error' and the same error message as loocyloo

i've just tried on my phone and tablet ... I too, can access forums via the different heading, just not 'current' threads ( hadn't thought to try that until you said !!! )

x

Becci26
25-03-2014, 06:41 PM
I can't access on my iphone either and have not been able to since this am, have only just been abe to get on the laptop now to get my fix! Hope it's sorted soon!! :thumbsup:

Richard
25-03-2014, 06:58 PM
Sorry about this. We are aware of the issue and looking into it.

loocyloo
25-03-2014, 07:24 PM
thank you x

davedevelopment
25-03-2014, 08:13 PM
Hello all

I just fixed one issue, if you can be as specific as you can (I don't use forums all that often, so I might not have a clue what you mean) about what in particular isn't working, I should be able to fix things.

Regards

Dave M

Kiddleywinks
25-03-2014, 08:16 PM
Hi Dave :waving:

The error I had is no more, so think you've fixed it :clapping::thumbsup:

MessybutHappy
25-03-2014, 08:27 PM
Phew! Thought it was just me! my phone is temperamental at the best of times (no comments please!!), but glad to know everyone else was getting the same message!

Doesn't help that I can't remember my password so can only view via phone... Tried to fix on computer but no luck yet!!!

loocyloo
25-03-2014, 08:32 PM
Hello all

I just fixed one issue, if you can be as specific as you can (I don't use forums all that often, so I might not have a clue what you mean) about what in particular isn't working, I should be able to fix things.

Regards

Dave M

Mine is working too, hurrah! Thank you x