PDA

View Full Version : how many schools do you do school pickups for?

sarahc88
25-03-2014, 12:23 PM
As the title says really! I'm just getting set up and have lots of schools around me- 4 that are closer than others- is 4 a good number to do or do you limit yourself to just a couple?

Cheers! :cool:

FussyElmo
25-03-2014, 12:30 PM
As the title says really! I'm just getting set up and have lots of schools around me- 4 that are closer than others- is 4 a good number to do or do you limit yourself to just a couple?

Cheers! :cool:

Practicalities how would you do 4 schools at once. Especially if they all start/finish within a few minutes of each other.

I know some cms do 2 schools but you would always have to consider traffic, classroom doors opening late, teachers wanting words, children needing toilets etc

sarahc88
25-03-2014, 12:44 PM
good point! there is one school that is considerably closer than all the others, so think I'll just stick with this one. thanks for your advice! :o

shortstuff
25-03-2014, 01:09 PM
To be honest with you i would wait and see which ones you get enquiries for. I walk past 1 school and collect from the next. Mostly because DS goes to the one I collect from but that is where I get a bulk of enquiries from too.

I have had enquiries for other schools but cant physically collect from them as they finish within 5 minutes. I did collect from the school I walk past as a 1 off and it was an absolute nightmare as I was really under pressure which put all of the children under pressure also. It was a recipe for disaster.

JCrakers
25-03-2014, 02:15 PM
Just the one :D

Find the one that has the least childminder/after school clubs as then there might be more demand.

Taylored
25-03-2014, 02:17 PM
I shall be just one school too due to pick up times (the school my daughter attends). Although there is a school next door I get lots of enquiries from so if I get an assistant, I may take that one on too. Sadly I cant be in two places at once!