PDA

View Full Version : I keep forgetting things

sing-low
24-03-2014, 10:01 PM
I keep forgetting things - just trivial ones, I hasten to add, I haven't left a LO anywhere(!). I forgot to put hat and gloves back in a bag last week and this week forgot to put in the daily diary, and forgot to give yoghurt at lunchtime (even though LO was pointing and gesticulating to indicate that he wanted something:blush:) I should have known, he ALWAYS has yoghurt.

I'm worried parents are going to think I'm really ditsy and will start to forget the really important stuff. Just a bit frustrated with myself as usually I'm on top of things. Also lost one school coat (my own DS's) and have a general feeling of disorder. Sigh!

Kaybeaa
24-03-2014, 10:09 PM
I get like that when I'm in desperate need of a holiday. Is there any way you could take some time out for a bit of rest and relaxation?

Mouse
24-03-2014, 10:13 PM
I'm forever forgetting to send stuff home. At the moment I have 2 daily diaries, 2 hats, several toys, one glove, 2 beakers, an asthma inhaler, various dummies & hair clips, a pair of trousers and a party invitation...none of which should be here!

I have a shelf in the hall that I put things on to go home, but I forget to look until the children have gone out the door. If there is something here that I really mustn't forget, like a favourite teddy, I put it in the child's bag & leave it there. If I forget something important, like the asthma inhaler, I message parents and ask if they need it urgently (in this case they don't).

I do leave myself notes as reminders, but of course, I never look at them till the end of the day, then realise I've forgotten stuff :rolleyes:

Luckily most of my parents are as bad, if not worse, than me, so don't think twice about it :laughing:

loocyloo
24-03-2014, 10:18 PM
I've taken to putting things in children's shoes!
Or down the sleeves of the child's coat!

samb
25-03-2014, 07:11 AM
I do too... Letters, odd pieces of clothes, hats, diaries, paintings etc but my worst recent forgetful things are to do with invoicing... Forgetting to add extra dates on or forgetting to take off bank holiday (I don't charge for them) resulting in a lot of emails from parents checking at the weekend... Oops!

sing-low
25-03-2014, 07:30 AM
I get like that when I'm in desperate need of a holiday. Is there any way you could take some time out for a bit of rest and relaxation?
Spot on, Kaybeaa! I only work term time so holiday is not far off.
Glad to know it's not just me!

Kaybeaa
25-03-2014, 07:41 AM
Spot on, Kaybeaa! I only work term time so holiday is not far off. Glad to know it's not just me!

Same here, I'm term time only and my gosh, the holidays can't come quick enough!

Kiddleywinks
25-03-2014, 08:00 AM
I thought that was normal - I'd forget my head if it wasn't screwed on :laughing:

smurfette
25-03-2014, 09:40 AM
I bought one of these
http://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/art/50163264/
and it's the best thing I ever did, I am bad for forgetting odd things in bags going home but now
They nearly always make it home next day! I have a pocket for each child labelled with their name and it's hung on the playroom wall so when we tidy up the toys and come across belongings just pop them in the right pocket. I find I am worse when tired so you definitely need either a holiday or a couple of early nights.. I also find I guilt myself about it and feel
Worse!!! Hope you feel better soon!!

Mouse
25-03-2014, 09:55 AM
I bought one of these
KUSINER Wall pockets, blue - 23 ½x17 ¾ " - IKEA (http://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/art/50163264/)
and it's the best thing I ever did, I am bad for forgetting odd things in bags going home but now
They nearly always make it home next day! I have a pocket for each child labelled with their name and it's hung on the playroom wall so when we tidy up the toys and come across belongings just pop them in the right pocket. I find I am worse when tired so you definitely need either a holiday or a couple of early nights.. I also find I guilt myself about it and feel
Worse!!! Hope you feel better soon!!

That's a very good idea. I'm training the children to check the shelf themselves at the end of the day!

Pixie dust
25-03-2014, 01:56 PM
I'm worried parents are going to think I'm really ditsy and will start to forget the really important stuff. Just a bit frustrated with myself as usually I'm on top of things. Also lost one school coat (my own DS's) and have a general feeling of disorder. Sigh!

One of the parents said to me a couple of weeks ago " your a bit ditsy today" as I realised I hadn't put the daily diary in the little one's bag. I was mortified that he actually thought that but I would like to see him cope with 4 children for the morning. :panic:

tulip0803
25-03-2014, 01:58 PM
I am the same on Friday I was left with 3 daily diaries, one hat, one tigger and a bottle:blush:

shortstuff
25-03-2014, 02:01 PM
Im lucky 2 of the families I mind for are just a few doors away so I deliver items I have forgotten to give back at the end of the day. Like antibiotics which were in the fridge, oops.