PDA

View Full Version : Just stood up to Parent and Child

skatie
24-03-2014, 06:09 PM
Okay, don't think I am pathetic (well I am - I hate confrontation even in the slightest). But parent said she might collect child late tonight, said it would most likely be 5:30. Roll on 6 o'clock and parent turns up, child likes to be ready for mum before I open the door. I wasn't thinking and opened the door to mum to which Lo started wailing and performing that she wanted the door shut and was trying to shut the door. So I just said sorry but I have to get on with my evening - think mum got the hint. Mum has been sending child in ridiculous shoes that are too big and child keeps stepping out of all day, so I said 'I'd prefer it if lo didn't wear the shoes until she has grown into them as she keeps stepping out of them and we have to stop every 5 minutes to put them back on'. Oh she says I bought the right size. Yeah well you can clearly tell by the shuffling and slopping of the shoe that they are huge. Felt really good to just say it instead of letting it bug me.

Koala
24-03-2014, 06:29 PM
He he he he Good for you :thumbsup:

greanan
24-03-2014, 08:08 PM
Good for you!! I'd love to be able to do this lol

SYLVIA
24-03-2014, 08:29 PM
Well done you. It does get to me when parents say they will be there at a certain time, then turn up late as if nothings wrong. I've had the opposite here today with a LO falling over at least 8 times on the school run today as his shoes are too small i think. Lucky I had hold of his hold and have stopped him hitting the deck completely otherwise I hate to think what his knees would have been like!

Macca3437
25-03-2014, 09:39 PM
Okay, don't think I am pathetic (well I am - I hate confrontation even in the slightest). But parent said she might collect child late tonight, said it would most likely be 5:30. Roll on 6 o'clock and parent turns up, child likes to be ready for mum before I open the door. I wasn't thinking and opened the door to mum to which Lo started wailing and performing that she wanted the door shut and was trying to shut the door. So I just said sorry but I have to get on with my evening - think mum got the hint. Mum has been sending child in ridiculous shoes that are too big and child keeps stepping out of all day, so I said 'I'd prefer it if lo didn't wear the shoes until she has grown into them as she keeps stepping out of them and we have to stop every 5 minutes to put them back on'. Oh she says I bought the right size. Yeah well you can clearly tell by the shuffling and slopping of the shoe that they are huge. Felt really good to just say it instead of letting it bug me.

Good for you. I do love that feeling, when you have expressed yourself. I don't like confrontation either, I think its worse for us, as its in our home. So I try very hard to keep the peace, but sometimes, you have to say something.
I had a LO who arrived in new trainers which had laces. LO has just turned 4 and is struggling with velcro and slip on shoes. He is unable to manage the laces. He can't get them on or off. Told mum, he was struggling and said the velcro ones would be better. Her reply was "well he's a big boy now and has to learn" That's fine if she was teaching or helping him, but she wasn't. She was spending 10 minutes in the morning trying to get the trainers off. She spent even longer in the evening trying to get them back on. My requests for different shoes, fell on deaf ears until he nearly wet himself. He had been playing in the garden, we have a no shoe policy in our house. He couldn't get his trainers off in time. I told her what happened and said he needs to wear shoes he can manage. The next day he was wearing the velcro shoes and was much happier.

skatie
27-03-2014, 12:51 PM
I haven't had this particular child for the last two days, dad drops off this morning saying lo has a very painful blister on the back of her heel from wearing the wrong sized shoes. Hmmm! Well don't say I didn't warn ya!