PDA

View Full Version : Ever actually get truthful feedback?!

smurfette
24-03-2014, 02:43 PM
So I have seen a few people lately about a space I have coming up, it's not for a while yet so am in no hurry but haven't had any luck , not sure what I am doing wrong as usually I have quite a high success rate. Saw a lovely couple last week who I felt we really clicked with, eventually after no contact I emailed to ask did she want the space and she said no thank you her mum was taking little one. Fine except today I see an advert by her! Definitely her, used her real name. If I was to contact her and ask her why she didn't go with me, do you think she would tell me?! Does anyone ever ask and get the truth?!!

smurfette
24-03-2014, 04:16 PM
Anyone?!!!!

chris goodyear
24-03-2014, 04:27 PM
So I have seen a few people lately about a space I have coming up, it's not for a while yet so am in no hurry but haven't had any luck , not sure what I am doing wrong as usually I have quite a high success rate. Saw a lovely couple last week who I felt we really clicked with, eventually after no contact I emailed to ask did she want the space and she said no thank you her mum was taking little one. Fine except today I see an advert by her! Definitely her, used her real name. If I was to contact her and ask her why she didn't go with me, do you think she would tell me?! Does anyone ever ask and get the truth?!!

I wouldn't bother chasing if I were you. You probably won't get the truth because if the parent can't tell you in the first place then I don't think they will now. Why can't they understand that it's best to say 'thank you for seeing me but I'm going with someone else/nursery/mil/sil/etc. They probably feel too embarrassed but I for one would rather be told no thank you rather than left hanging. Sometimes I feel really mean and hope they come back when:littleangel: I've already filled the space as they took too long!!!

tess1981
24-03-2014, 04:40 PM
I wouldn't bother chasing if I were you. You probably won't get the truth because if the parent can't tell you in the first place then I don't think they will now. Why can't they understand that it's best to say 'thank you for seeing me but I'm going with someone else/nursery/mil/sil/etc. They probably feel too embarrassed but I for one would rather be told no thank you rather than left hanging. Sometimes I feel really mean and hope they come back when:littleangel: I've already filled the space as they took too long!!!

I agree.... just put it behind you and forget about it

loocyloo
24-03-2014, 05:28 PM
I had someone not come with me as they didn't want their child walking along a busy road ( on a pavement, with a wide grass verge between the pavement and the road ) they went with a childminder who lived on a busy estate with NO pavements who allowed the children to run on ahead!

I also had someone who didn't come because they said I was too expensive. the childminder they chose was cheaper for an hourly price, but charged extra for this, that & the other!

Mummits
24-03-2014, 06:52 PM
I have had quite a few over the years come and look, act quite keen, and then put the child with a relative (usually grandma). The trouble is, I have also heard that some of these arrangements break down quite quickly when Grandma suddenly realises that she can't go and make an appointment or take a holiday whenever suits her, or that a baby or toddler is harder work than she remembers.. and yes, I have once or twice been quite pleased to say no, you are too late when people have come back!

blue bear
24-03-2014, 07:45 PM
I think sometimes parents don't want to put their child with a person just because of no reason really, just didn't feel right and it's hard to say that to a person.

Try not to take it personal,better to not have them come to you and be a pain becaus ethyl do t feel comfortable.

greanan
24-03-2014, 08:07 PM

I agree!! I wouldn't bother chasing them either

kaz26
24-03-2014, 08:44 PM
Def don't bother chasing

bunyip
25-03-2014, 09:21 AM
I get responses, but without administering the scopolamine how do I know if I get the truth?

They usually try to be nice about it and say nothing wrong with my setting, and cite some external reason: eg. just a little far to travel and they found an alternative right on their doorstep. I personally find this infuriating and am now thinking parents would rather leave lo's with King Herod (if he lived in the next street) than drive 5 minutes to a decent CM. :(

Ripeberry
25-03-2014, 09:23 AM
What is the point? It would make you look desperate. Hope you find someone else soon :)

smurfette
25-03-2014, 09:28 AM
Thanks guys!!! Would
Just love to know am nosey!! Annoying when you feel like you click with someone , ah well
Onwards and upwards

unalindura77
25-03-2014, 09:44 AM
More often than not, it's to do with ££££. Maybe she secretely thinks you're too expensive and is trying her best to get someone cheaper.

smurfette
25-03-2014, 09:48 AM
[QUOTE="unalindura77;1351966"]More often than not, it's to do with ££££. Maybe she secretely thinks you're too expensive and is trying her best to get someone cheaper.[/QUOT

Could be,
Funny enough I wondered if I had over quoted cos I was trying to put up my hourly rate by 25c to help cover some of my unpaid time off and I thought maybe this is what put people off so I quoted her the usual! Oh no I didn't I have just remembered I did quote her the higher rate., that will be it then!!

smurfette
25-03-2014, 09:49 AM
Still it's only a tenner a week
More than what I was charging and is the average round here ., still it all
Makes a difference doesn't it!