PDA

View Full Version : 2,3,4 year old funding / NEF / nursery education funding HELP PLEASE!!!!!

jennyandchris
24-03-2014, 11:44 AM
Can someone please help me!

I understand that it has been made easier for childminders to offer the 15hours a week free childcare funding to parents. But what exactly does 'easier' mean?
Do we have to go on lots of training courses, do we have ECERS inspections, do we have to do lots of audits, lots of paperwork etc etc? Or do we just have to fill in a form and voila they send you some money - as that is what I would class as easy! :D

My last inspection rating was good, so I understand that I am entitled to it, but with a 22 month old of my own and 17 weeks pregnant, I am just not interested in taking on extra work at the moment, but would love to help out my parents save some money!

Any info greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Jenny.

Mouse
24-03-2014, 12:04 PM
Each LA has their own way of doing things, so you really need to check with them to find out how it works in your area. You also need to check how much your LA pays, as some pay less than your usual hourly rate.

I started offering the funding at the end of the time when my LA stipulated that you had to have a level 3 childcare qualification, had to be graded good or outstanding and had to be part of the childminding network. I had to have a monitoring visit from the EYs development officer, which was a bit like a mini-Ofsted inspection. Two months after I went through all the hassle, they stopped doing it that way :rolleyes:

Now, they offer a short training session that explains how to use the online system for processing claims, but that's pretty much it. Each term I log on & submit my figures. There is minimal paperwork as everything is done online. I print out the forms for parents to sign and I keep a written record of the hours the child uses their funding. I have never been audited, but know I could be, so I keep a weekly record of the hours the child attends, which hours are funded (so I can show they are free) and how much i charge for the additional hours and lunch (so they can see I only charge for those).

Simona
24-03-2014, 12:07 PM
Can someone please help me!

I understand that it has been made easier for childminders to offer the 15hours a week free childcare funding to parents. But what exactly does 'easier' mean?
Do we have to go on lots of training courses, do we have ECERS inspections, do we have to do lots of audits, lots of paperwork etc etc? Or do we just have to fill in a form and voila they send you some money - as that is what I would class as easy! :D

My last inspection rating was good, so I understand that I am entitled to it, but with a 22 month old of my own and 17 weeks pregnant, I am just not interested in taking on extra work at the moment, but would love to help out my parents save some money!

Any info greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Jenny.

Any Good/outstanding cm can now draw funding...that is the only requirement you need according to the DfE
You need to enquire to your LA and they will tell you what forms to fill, what the rate of funding is, when they pay you and what conditions they will ask of you....some ask for Level 3 and others ask for additional conditions such as audits and training requirements
each LA does its own thing...not helpful I know but there it is.

Make a call and see what they say...good luck and keep us posted

Sorry Mouse...just seen your reply and it is largely the same...we agree each LA is different.

jennyandchris
24-03-2014, 12:15 PM
Thanks a lot Mouse and Simona - you have actually given me some hope! Will give them a call. Thanks again.

Simona
24-03-2014, 12:18 PM
Thanks a lot Mouse and Simona - you have actually given me some hope! Will give them a call. Thanks again.

It has just been revealed that the DfE will not implement the Nutbrown recommendation of a Level 3 qualified workforce

I would assume the LAs will not stop asking for this condition when it is not compulsory