PDA

View Full Version : prince george's nanny won't smack him thanks to her "elite" training

buzzy bee
23-03-2014, 06:29 AM
Says the daily mail!
Because if her training hadn't been "elite" then she would? ???

bunyip
23-03-2014, 01:41 PM
Are we to infer that people actually believe the Daily Mail* ? :huh:

* The Daily Mail: a newspaper, not a bunch of Tory Party press releases stuck together with pictures of inbred royal scroungers (honest). :p

Simona
23-03-2014, 02:34 PM
I want to know if the royal nanny is going to be 'Ofsted registered' so that the parents can draw childcare vouchers?
just a thought!

Tulip
23-03-2014, 05:49 PM
On a positive note, the prince is having a nanny and one to one childcare. I think that is a boost for childminder's. Nurseries are quite fashinable I think to Joe public at the moment so having a royal seal of approval for home based childcare (or castle based lol) can only be a good thing. :)

Maza
23-03-2014, 05:58 PM
On a positive note, the prince is having a nanny and one to one childcare. I think that is a boost for childminder's. Nurseries are quite fashinable I think to Joe public at the moment so having a royal seal of approval for home based childcare (or castle based lol) can only be a good thing. :)

Well, they did contact me but I don't have any vacancies at the moment. :laughing:

Simona
23-03-2014, 06:25 PM

That made me smile...can you imagine any nursery willing to take a royal baby?...panick!! how to RA HRH safety?
plastic spoon or silver for his meals? :)

FussyElmo
23-03-2014, 06:28 PM
But if they think no smacking is elite well the eyfs and 7 areas of learning is going to blow their minds :laughing::laughing:

Simona
23-03-2014, 09:31 PM
I am curious to know what this 'elite' training this nanny has undertaken is all about? any idea anyone?

MAWI
23-03-2014, 09:37 PM
I am curious to know what this 'elite' training this nanny has undertaken is all about? any idea anyone?

Usually Norland Nannies I think. Apparently best of the best and all that! Mary Poppins springs to mind, lol.

loocyloo
23-03-2014, 09:47 PM
Usually Norland Nannies I think. Apparently best of the best and all that! Mary Poppins springs to mind, lol.

When I did my NNEB, norland nannies also did the NNEB. I don't know what they do now the NNEB doesn't exist!
Norland have a 'hotel' where children come and stay which is staffed by the students. I considered going to Norlands but I wanted to work with real people ! ( I knew a norland nanny who was horrified that she was expected to do the children's washing/ironing/cleaning and cooking! She lasted just 3 weeks as a nanny after qualifying and then worked as an estate agent!!!! ) I did also know some lovely nannies who happened to be norland nannies.

Simona
23-03-2014, 10:04 PM

All revealed...she is Spanish...comes from a well to do family but still not a clue what this elite training is all about

Norland nanny from Spain’s society pages for Prince George - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/prince-george/10713026/Norland-nanny-from-Spains-society-pages-for-Prince-George.html)

amyp
23-03-2014, 10:44 PM
I live in bath and the norland girls are lovely- very well trained- and very well presented. If I was rich I'd have one of theirs.

Jiorjiina
23-03-2014, 11:20 PM
When I did my NNEB, norland nannies also did the NNEB. I don't know what they do now the NNEB doesn't exist!
Norland have a 'hotel' where children come and stay which is staffed by the students. I considered going to Norlands but I wanted to work with real people ! ( I knew a norland nanny who was horrified that she was expected to do the children's washing/ironing/cleaning and cooking! She lasted just 3 weeks as a nanny after qualifying and then worked as an estate agent!!!! ) I did also know some lovely nannies who happened to be norland nannies.

That's ridiculous, considering they're taught nursery management and nutrition! They seem to do their own qualification now (a diploma) or a BA degree. I wanted to go there instead of university, got talked out of it and I'm still not sure which was the right decision.

I'm curious though as to how she managed to get 20 years of experience when she's still in her 30's, and managed to find time to do a 4 year course at Norland...

bunyip
24-03-2014, 08:13 AM
I want to know if the royal nanny is going to be 'Ofsted registered' so that the parents can draw childcare vouchers?
just a thought!

I think the parents have to do some work before they can draw childcare vouchers. I'm not sure that being on permanent holiday in between shooting at people counts as work. :p

Simona
24-03-2014, 08:28 AM
That's ridiculous, considering they're taught nursery management and nutrition! They seem to do their own qualification now (a diploma) or a BA degree. I wanted to go there instead of university, got talked out of it and I'm still not sure which was the right decision.

I'm curious though as to how she managed to get 20 years of experience when she's still in her 30's, and managed to find time to do a 4 year course at Norland...

Anyone who does a Foundation Degree will learn about 'leadership and management'..in general terms and in the old style NVQ 3 we also used to cover nutrition...I am not sure how nursery management would be considered elite training for a nanny? she is an employee

I was looking at some in depth knowledge of 'child development' in their training as NNEB used to do

I get the feeling Norland nannies is where well off people go to get theirs...am I right?...that is the 'elite' connection nothing to do with not smacking a child??

I still don't know if she is going to register with Ofsted? hope she does then we can share our tribulations with her!!