PDA

View Full Version : Moving fast now

Lorraine Owen
22-03-2014, 09:08 AM
I had my interview with Fis yesterday and passed, next step is applying to ofsted - when ofsted comes do you need to have all your paperwork ready ie registers and diaries, what about first aid boxes and. Fire blankets? Re joining pacey is it ok to join once I (hopefully) pass ofsted?

How long roughly after filling in your ofsted application do you get your visit?

Thank in advance

joannes
22-03-2014, 05:00 PM
Did your FIS not go through the process with you hun? Mine was all part of the course I did and I was assigned a Quality Improvement Officer from FIS and they've been round twice now to go through things and do checks and answer any questions and tell me how to proceed although I know all councils are different. I filled in my Ofsted form in January, medical was done then as was my first aid and safeguarding. My DBS was received 14th Feb but has been stuck on the last stage for 4 and half weeks now so still no closer to meeting Ofsted and getting registered. I haven't sorted my liability insurance out with MM (or Pacey if you choose them) til I have children to mind and am registered coz you pay for the year so no point paying when you're not using it. If I'd paid at applying in January I would have wasted 2 months already. Can't see me working in April at this rate either. When Ofsted come you don't need EVERYTHING ready, but if it isn't you need to demonstrate that you plan to have all the safety things in place before you mind and it's noted down as an action so I thought better to have all the legal safety things in place. Paperwork I've set up a folder for my son (just carried on his one from nursery) and put in an all about me sheet, observation and baseline assessment. If you sign up with PACEY or MM you'll have contracts etc in the pack from them anyways, my FIS QI Officer said to call her when I get the Ofsted call and she will bring a paperwork pack round for me to borrow so I can talk through that with the inspector. Hope that helps.