PDA

View Full Version : Highchairs

greanan
21-03-2014, 11:30 PM
What's everyone's favourite highchair?? I'm looking to replace mine and trying to decide what to go for. At the moment I have the mamas and papas prima papa. It's fab, folds up, lies back, changes height and has two trays but it setting a bit past it now. Been looking at the cossato one - does anyone have it?? It'll be use from small babies upto toddlers of about 2. Thanks in advance

tigwig
22-03-2014, 07:41 AM
Apart from a cheap ebay highchair I only have room for the booster seats that fasten onto chairs round the table. I use for all ages and if used for a baby I move away from table to feed and put the tray on. Takes up much less room!

loocyloo
22-03-2014, 08:12 AM
I have a couple of tall chairs that I use at the table and then booster seats that I strap on chairs. These have trays so I can use them as high chairs away from the table as needs be.

shortstuff
22-03-2014, 08:41 AM
I use boosters on my usual dining chairs. However I have learned with experience that it pays to put a towl over the chair before the booster. My chairs are faux suede and have taken a battering with dropped food and wetting accidents.

Glitter
22-03-2014, 10:11 AM
I use booster seat on my chairs as well. They can be used with a tray for little ones, or for older children to eat at the table.

I like the fact that I can take them off and put them away when I am not working, and they can be taken outside to be scrubbed regularly.

LG2014
22-03-2014, 11:35 AM
I have a Space Saver Fisher Price chair for my son that I intend to use for when I registered for childminding as well as purchasing booster seats also x

FloraDora
22-03-2014, 11:51 AM
Mothercare Valencia Wooden Highchair - Natural - highchairs - Mothercare (http://www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-Valencia-Wooden-Highchair---Natural/917240,default,pd.html?cm_mmc=Google-_-Feeding-_-PLA-_-Mothercare&cm_mmc=Google-_-Feeding-_-PLA+-+Feeding-_-PLA+-+Feeding+-+PLA&gclid=CPioy5CIpr0CFQkUwwodRLIAMA)

I have these, bought from ebay, largely from grandparents, has a washable foldable insert to support babies. Folds really thin, doesn't take up much floor space, very compact so I can get 3 plus 2 dining chairs around my small circular table. And folds and stores down the side of my dresser and can hardly be seen. I have tried to keep my home looking natural for CMing so the natural wood adds to this theme too.

I also have a Prince Lionheart booster pod (cream) which is awaiting my 3 year old LO to move onto but is currently in the reading corner, stripped of harness until needed as a booster, ideal size and lovely and soft and comfortable, but takes up less room than a chair and so low to ground big books can easily be read, yet pictures seen. Bought from Achica on an offer but lots on ebay too.

AliceK
22-03-2014, 12:43 PM
I have an Ikea highchair with insert which I use for babies which I use without the tray so that I can push it up to the table and then I use boosters at the table for the toddlers until they can be trusted to sit and remain at the table.

xxxx

tess1981
22-03-2014, 02:15 PM
I have an Ikea highchair with insert which I use for babies which I use without the tray so that I can push it up to the table and then I use boosters at the table for the toddlers until they can be trusted to sit and remain at the table.

xxxx

Same here stack in the back hall too

greanan
22-03-2014, 02:28 PM
Thanks for all suggestions! I've got a thing for prams and highchairs - oops!!! I've booster seats at the table for the older ones but love the highchairs for babies. Had another look and think it's between the chicco polly and a cossato one - hmmm!!!

LauraS
22-03-2014, 10:11 PM
Inhad a Chico Polly for my son, this one but in a slightly different colour way

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1702558.htm?CMPID=GS001&_$ja=cgid:13739907030%7Ctsid:41361%7Ccid:166596030 %7Clid:59319840309%7Cnw:g%7Ccrid:38899084830%7Crnd :13784233915856104334%7Cdvc:t%7Cadp:1o1

It was brilliant, we used it from about two months old until he was 12 months old. When he was about 12m the vinyl cover split around the slots where the harness slots through, and within a few weeks it was unusable as it had fallen apart. I tried to get replacement cushions but they were £35 from chicco. I looked on ebay and there were loads and loads of the same high chair for sale minus the covers, so I assume it was a common problem. I wouldn't mind but it was quite an expensive high hair, so I wouldn't have one again, certainly not for minding where it would be more heavily used.

danemi1
23-03-2014, 09:38 AM
May just go and look at the kiddicare sale for one...I had the prima papa with my two when they were little...happy days!

greanan
23-03-2014, 12:22 PM
Inhad a Chico Polly for my son, this one but in a slightly different colour way http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1702558.htm?CMPID=GS001&_$ja=cgid:13739907030%7Ctsid:41361%7Ccid:166596030 %7Clid:59319840309%7Cnw:g%7Ccrid:38899084830%7Crnd :13784233915856104334%7Cdvc:t%7Cadp:1o1 It was brilliant, we used it from about two months old until he was 12 months old. When he was about 12m the vinyl cover split around the slots where the harness slots through, and within a few weeks it was unusable as it had fallen apart. I tried to get replacement cushions but they were £35 from chicco. I looked on ebay and there were loads and loads of the same high chair for sale minus the covers, so I assume it was a common problem. I wouldn't mind but it was quite an expensive high hair, so I wouldn't have one again, certainly not for minding where it would be more heavily used.

Oh that's not great to hear!! The exact highchair I was planning on getting

loocyloo
23-03-2014, 08:26 PM
I use boosters on my usual dining chairs. However I have learned with experience that it pays to put a towl over the chair before the booster. My chairs are faux suede and have taken a battering with dropped food and wetting accidents.

I used bubble wrap and made 'covers' for my seats ... They protect the seats, are wipe clean and don't tear as easily as plastic!

clare83
23-03-2014, 10:12 PM
I used bubble wrap and made 'covers' for my seats ... They protect the seats, are wipe clean and don't tear as easily as plastic!

Great idea, which boosters do you use? High chair central with a 10 mo and 16 mo. Taking up what should be play space....

hectors house
24-03-2014, 07:35 AM
I have an old brevi highchair that I was given and it's great - but I didn't realise how great it was until I bought another highchair in Asda baby event - it's a Graco one, my brevi folds over on itself for storage, but the Graco folds upwards and ends up being very long, and I constantly trip over the legs on the Graco as they are spread further out, something that didn't happen with the Brevi!

So my advice is to decide what you do and don't like about your current one, research thoroughly and if possible see one in a shop first and see how it adjusts and folds before you buy whatevers cheapest on line!

greanan
24-03-2014, 01:59 PM
I have an old brevi highchair that I was given and it's great - but I didn't realise how great it was until I bought another highchair in Asda baby event - it's a Graco one, my brevi folds over on itself for storage, but the Graco folds upwards and ends up being very long, and I constantly trip over the legs on the Graco as they are spread further out, something that didn't happen with the Brevi! So my advice is to decide what you do and don't like about your current one, research thoroughly and if possible see one in a shop first and see how it adjusts and folds before you buy whatevers cheapest on line!

Thank you - I loved everything about the mamas and papas it was just getting past it after 3 years of constant use so I've order the chicco polly as it seems to have most of the same features

clareelizabeth1
24-03-2014, 02:38 PM
After watching a child choke and the struggle parent had getting them out the high chair straps I opted of the babybjorn high chair.
No straps but children are secure
Is small yet I have had three year olds in it an eight year old even got in it for fun once.

kaz26
24-03-2014, 08:49 PM
I love my prima papa and also just have boosters for chairs