PDA

View Full Version : Saturdays ! Help please !!

karen2010
21-03-2014, 08:57 PM
Hi All!
Had a Mum visit today.
Wants a Childminder for Saturdays (9-5pm) for her 4 children. Ages 1,3,6 and 7.
The LOs are in full time Nursery in the week, older ones in school.
If I take them on, will I have to do obs etc for the LOs? I know they are early years but do Saturdays count as wrap around care?
I have 2 early years to do obs etc for EYFS in the week, and to be honest think I will be busy enough on a Saturday anyway caring for 4 siblings without obs, assessments etc!!
Thankyou for any replies!

munch149
21-03-2014, 09:38 PM
Sorry not much help as I'm not sure but just wanted to say damn that's gonna be expensive for mum

blue bear
21-03-2014, 10:30 PM
My u der standing is that all eyfs chikdren need to have their development tracked, with planning for their interests. No where in the eyfs does it mention it having to be written down although how you evidence that for ofsted I wouldn't know.

karen2010
21-03-2014, 10:57 PM
Yes it will be expensive but I am not giving sibling discount as most Childminders in this area wont work Saturdays, it is caring for 4 siblings, and it looks like will have to track and record eys progress too - so a LOT of work !!!!!

rickysmiths
22-03-2014, 07:28 AM
Personally I would do a Daily Diary and just record what they have done and use the Pacey EYFS stickers to indicate the areas of learning they are following and if a next steps happens write it down and add photos to the Diary. I print out a leaflet about EYFS for parents and stick in in the front of mine.I wouldn't be doing tons of stuff. Have a setting photograph album and take lots of pictures of what they are doing. Job done. You do not have to keep a written LJ for children

karen2010
22-03-2014, 08:16 AM
Thank you for the reply ! Would you do a diary for each child or for all 4 siblings ? I send photos of activities etc throughout the day using what'sapp but could print some out for a photo album x

alwaysright
23-03-2014, 12:23 AM
you only need to do it for the two youngest ones

jennyandchris
24-03-2014, 11:34 AM
You need to treat the youngest two the same as any other mindees (only these two as they are in the EYFS). OfSTED wont see any difference in it being a Saturday. You would also need to communicate with the preschool/nursery, as you would with any other mindee, for next steps etc. Can I just say I think you are either mad or have the patience of an angel for considering this lol!!!