PDA

View Full Version : numbers/insurance question

ziggy
21-03-2014, 02:30 PM
A good friend of mine is working mornings now and the last 2 thursdays I have taken her 3yr old to soft play with my own 2 mindees.

I dont charge her, she sends money for entrance and lunch. But I just wondered is this allowed? I'm still within my numbers but I dont have contract for him and if there was an accident with mindees while he's in my care am i covered?

I was reported just before christmas and although it was just a malicious parent I now worry about doing things right

cathtee
21-03-2014, 02:35 PM
Not really sure about the insurance side of it, but I would assume it's a bit like taking one of your own, but I think if it was me I would do a adhoc contract for her and then at least if there was an accident all would be covered.

Chatterbox Childcare
21-03-2014, 04:04 PM
As long as you are within your numbers then I would imagine you are covered. Ring your legal line, they are usually available 24/7 with Pacey and MM

blue bear
22-03-2014, 08:24 AM
Personally I would do a contract then you are sure he is covered and you can claim any costs you might incur for him. Doesn't matter that the hourly rate is nil.