PDA

View Full Version : Inspiration needed- I am terrible at imagining something that's not there.

MAWI
21-03-2014, 08:29 AM
Two areas I need to sort out:
Blank canvas Garden.
1- garden, It is mostly decked and it is not very big, about 6metres wide x 7 metres long so need toys/ideas for that part. Im thinking ride ons will be noisy for nwighbours( didnt think of that at the time decking was going down) At the end of the decking is a new wooden playhouse that is
Level with the dcking and so can free flow which is currently being built. I've tried uploading a photo but can't. Its 2.5m x2.5 m inside. So I also need inspiration for ideas in there. I'm thinking role play corner, book corner. What would you put in there or Do?

2-Also, sick of looking at plastic already. I have GLTC Lazarri storage units which is open and no boxes, so easy access for kids but I have to look at it at night in my living room. Also, finding babies just pulling out and dumping. I want to find something a bit more interesting and natural/wooden/wicker treasure baskets or purchase some toys that are non plastic- ideas and inspirations needed for this. So what do you all swear by? Is there a good website or something that you use?

Any advice or tips much appreciated. Sat here looking at a blank canvas garden and cannot imagine the best things to put out there. Limited budget due to cost of the playhouse and decking, so want to buy the right things. I'm finding it really difficult because when I last childminded, I had a very large garden with Playsystems, trampolines, lots of space, patio, lawn, garden area and a dedicated playroom and bathroom. I'm finding it much tougher for ideas in a small house where there is only living room and a small garden.

Sorry for the waffle, I do go on a bit.

Thnaks in advance everyone.

The Juggler
21-03-2014, 08:47 AM
i'd have a look at some ideas in the catalogues for outdoor ideas. then pinch and adapt them.

I'd say def. a digging area, painting/drawing area, sand and/or water table. Numbers and/or letters displayed around. An area for climbing (if you have money for a climbing frame/slide) an area to encourage children to sit together

Then a selection of PD toys (hoops, bats, balls, footballs, bikes)

Simona
21-03-2014, 09:04 AM
Two areas I need to sort out:
Blank canvas Garden.
1- garden, It is mostly decked and it is not very big, about 6metres wide x 7 metres long so need toys/ideas for that part. Im thinking ride ons will be noisy for nwighbours( didnt think of that at the time decking was going down) At the end of the decking is a new wooden playhouse that is
Level with the dcking and so can free flow which is currently being built. I've tried uploading a photo but can't. Its 2.5m x2.5 m inside. So I also need inspiration for ideas in there. I'm thinking role play corner, book corner. What would you put in there or Do?

2-Also, sick of looking at plastic already. I have GLTC Lazarri storage units which is open and no boxes, so easy access for kids but I have to look at it at night in my living room. Also, finding babies just pulling out and dumping. I want to find something a bit more interesting and natural/wooden/wicker treasure baskets or purchase some toys that are non plastic- ideas and inspirations needed for this. So what do you all swear by? Is there a good website or something that you use?

Sorry for the waffle, I do go on a bit.

Thnaks in advance everyone.

Have you thought of consulting with your children...what would they like in their garden?
If they are not verbal then you could consider their interests and equip your garden with resources that will encourage their progress...let us know how you get on

MAWI
21-03-2014, 10:40 AM
Have you thought of consulting with your children...what would they like in their garden?
If they are not verbal then you could consider their interests and equip your garden with resources that will encourage their progress...let us know how you get on

Hi Simona

Yes I have a baby of 9 months who just loves to pull everything out, asked the 4 year old and she just wants a 'rapunzel tower' - thats all she is interested in, lol. Not sure I can stretch to that!!

I have a sandpit table in my garage that I bought from Argos and forgot about it, so thats a start I guess.

The Juggler
21-03-2014, 11:49 AM
keep it natural too. collect twigs and stones on your outings and have them in the garden to play with. Collect larger cardboard boxes and put them outside when dry to build with. Have a table so you can take toys outside like blocks/lego, puzzles as well.

Def. lots of child size watering cans (an outdoor tap is useful) so they can fill and water. Lots of paintbrushes for water painting also.