PDA

View Full Version : Fuming!!!

louised
23-07-2008, 10:38 AM
I am really angry this morning, some parents are so inconsiderate. My 11 year old daughter is leaving primary school today and had a leavers assembly this morning at 9.30. I had decided I wouldn't go as they had also had a similar thing in church a couple of days ago which I did attend. Anyway my mum was going to go as my daughter was singing a solo and it's nice for someone to be there for her but she rang to say she couldn't go cos she hurt her back. So I was at home waiting for my 3rd mindee to turn up when I could have gone along to school, she didn't turn up and no phone call till 10.10am to say she wasn't coming. Why couldn't she have rung me earlier, she would've known yesterday she wasn't coming because she is apparently ill. This has happened a lot lately and I'm really sick of it, I think we're going to have to have a chat and decide whether she really needs the space, I wouldn't mind but she's currently on maternity so she doesn't need to send her to me.

OK rant over I feel better now

crazybones
23-07-2008, 10:42 AM
There's nothing worse than having your plans messed about by incosiderate parents who think the world revolves around them. Maybe a newsletter stating that if parents are over xxx minutes later without a phone call you will be continuing with your plans for the day and they may not be able to contact you.

Sorry you missed your daughter. :(

fionamal
23-07-2008, 10:53 AM
Typical! Its always the day that you have something planned that you end up with problems.

I state in my handbook that if they are not here within 10mins of their drop off time then they have to make their own arrangements to get to me as I wait for no-one.

Only had a problem the once where the mum slept in and had to meet me on they way up from the school run.

mrsb
23-07-2008, 12:47 PM
This might sound a bit strong but I am disgusted with the way some parents treat us as child minders you know, they seem to think we sit around all day waiting to say how high when they say jump:angry:

Sorry you missed your daughter :( If it was me I would make a point of saying that you'd missed out on it.

Annie_T
23-07-2008, 01:12 PM
awww hun not nice`

childminder54
23-07-2008, 01:43 PM
i would make a point to here and say how upset your daughter was to make her feel guilty..

veronicaxxx

angeldelight
23-07-2008, 06:33 PM
I would not have been happy either

Hope your daughters last day went ok

Angel xx

louised
23-07-2008, 07:04 PM
I'm still really annoyed about it but it didn't spoil her day. Most of her class were in tears when they came out at the end of the day as were most of the teachers, but one of the mums held a party at her house for 8 of the girls and we'ed booked a limousine for an hour, they were so surprised, it made their day.

littletreasures
23-07-2008, 07:06 PM
Glad your daughter had a lovely last day.

miffy
23-07-2008, 09:35 PM
I'm still really annoyed about it but it didn't spoil her day. Most of her class were in tears when they came out at the end of the day as were most of the teachers, but one of the mums held a party at her house for 8 of the girls and we'ed booked a limousine for an hour, they were so surprised, it made their day.

What a lovely treat for them - pleased your dd's day wasn't spoilt.

Sorry that you missed seeing her though

Miffy xx

Bushpig
23-07-2008, 10:25 PM
What a shame - maybe you need to chat with her about this, yes. Not easy I know! :(