PDA

View Full Version : my ds nearly got hit by a car

Mrsh3103
20-03-2014, 05:08 PM
On the walk home from school a car just pulled on to the pavement, no indication or anything, she didn't even slow down! Just straight up and at him.
Luckily he was paying attention and dived out of the way.
I feel sick, keep shaking and nearly bursting into tears.
Just need to keep it together til all mindees have gone home.

smurfette
20-03-2014, 05:16 PM
Oh Hun that sounds so scary! What did the woman say? Thank God he is ok, definitely was being watched over! Hugs xxx

shortstuff
20-03-2014, 05:27 PM
How awful. How are you all? I hope you arent in too much shock x

karen2010
20-03-2014, 05:36 PM
Awful xx But he is OK, it could have been SUCH a different outcome xxxxxx Thanks Goodness he was on the ball x Extra hugs tonight for him and you !! xxxxxxxxxx

clareelizabeth1
20-03-2014, 05:40 PM
Well done to your ds for paying attention to what cars are doing. Must be so scary for you. Hugs to both of you

sarah707
20-03-2014, 06:45 PM
Big hugs xx

Mrsh3103
20-03-2014, 07:06 PM
I've phoned the school and they are going to put something in their weekly newsletter about parents paying more attention around the school. I've been advised to phone 101 and report it!

Ds is now asleep but has been asking questions all night about what would have happened if he hadn't moved quick enough, would he be dead, would he go to heaven, what happens in heaven.

I told him he was such a good boy for paying attention to what's happening around us and walking so nicely.

I've told all parents when they collected what happened just incase kids go home and say J nearly got hit by a car. Didn't want them thinking I don't teach their kids road safety.

Do I need to do anything else? If it was a mindee I would have filled in an incident form. Should I because I had mindees with me?

karen2010
20-03-2014, 07:14 PM
Dont know about the incident form TBH - but you have informed the Parents x
Poor boy - but he will forget about it soon enough kids take these kinds of things in their stride.
You however will probably remember it forever but try to let it go - car didnt hit him and he is fine - what an incredibly irresponsible driver I hope she is wracked with guilt right now.
The main thing is that he is OK and you must hold on to that - we all have near misses with our children at some time or another, ask any Parent and I can gaurantee all will remember a horror story of "nearly but thank God it didnt happen...."
Thinking of you xxxxxxxxxxxx

blue bear
20-03-2014, 08:08 PM
Oh goodness what on earth was she thinking :/

Ripeberry
20-03-2014, 08:42 PM
Thank goodness he got out of the way. I would have screamed at that woman and maybe kicked her car a few times. But of course we can't do that. Deffo report it to 101.

kaz26
20-03-2014, 08:52 PM
How awful sending hugs! :)

tigwig
20-03-2014, 10:16 PM
God thats awful. Hope youve had chance to calm down now. What a stupid woman. Working or not I wouldn't have been able to help myself but say a few harsh words to her! Glad your ds is ok xx

Kiddleywinks
20-03-2014, 10:48 PM
Aww hope you both have managed to calm down, definitely report it, if there's a next time they may not be so lucky!
Well done to your DS on his road sense x

Mrsh3103
21-03-2014, 06:42 AM
Police aren't going to do anything! Because no one actually got hurt the only way they could do anything would be if an officer saw it happen! Doesn't matter that I have witnesses to her horrendous driving. So angry!!!!

Mrsh3103
21-03-2014, 06:43 AM
Ds wet the bed last night. He hasn't done that for over a year! I don't know if it's coincidence or if it's linked to what happened.

shortstuff
21-03-2014, 06:59 AM
Its shocking that they wont do anything. Poor ds x hope he manages to get past this quickly xx

yummyripples
21-03-2014, 07:14 AM
Parks ob the pavement should be banned

Mrsh3103
21-03-2014, 07:16 AM
She wasn't even parking! She pulled onto the path, nearly hit him then drove off!
I won't have any mindees with me this morning, I'm more cross this morning than I was last night, don't know if I'll be able to keep calm if I see her!

skatie
21-03-2014, 08:31 AM
So sorry to hear, that's so scary and will haunt you for many years to come. Let's hope your poor ds gets over it quickly. I can sympathise, I watched someone do exactly to same thing but to park to collect their child from school. If the littlies had been 10 steps ahead they would have been mowed down without a chance. We can teach them road safety but what use is it if someone is going to ramp onto the pavement. It made me so cross and a little shaken thinking 'what if'.

Mrsh3103
21-03-2014, 09:30 AM
Spoke to another mum this morning in the playground and she said the family are well known in the village, they are under social services as the mum is on drugs. She was probably high when it happened!

maisiemog
21-03-2014, 09:57 AM
Spoke to another mum this morning in the playground and she said the family are well known in the village, they are under social services as the mum is on drugs. She was probably high when it happened!

I think if this is the case then I would be making a phone call to social services as if they can do this to your DS who can only imagine what's happening behind closed doors! Is rather be interfering than letting it go!

Big hugs to you and your DS. Must have been awful xxx

Koala
21-03-2014, 01:19 PM
My thoughts exactly!!! :thumbsup:

babs
21-03-2014, 01:31 PM
My pet hate parking on yellow zigzags outside school and mounting pavement. We have had police there twice before Christmas while they are stood there parents park properly as soon as they go back to normal. Just wish they would turn up and book then as having quite word does nothing.

Mrsh3103
21-03-2014, 01:55 PM
I'm going to have a word with ds' teacher tonight. I'll let her know what I have heard, if they have any concerns about this family then hopefully they'll be the ones calling and reporting!

DH doesn't want me to be the one reporing it. He's worried that if she can be off her face driving her kids home from school what would she do if I made a complaint to ss.
I've spoken to police again today and they've said that if myself & 2 other independent witnesses give statements then it's up to the officer in charge of the case to decide whether to deal with it!
Now need to hunt down the people who were walking behind me!