PDA

View Full Version : Playpens & EYFS

Pedagog
23-07-2008, 09:16 AM
Okay slightly random question.

Can you use playpens with EYFS guidelines, as from what I have read (had no training on EYFS) children are supposed to be able to move freely from house to garden etc, and obviously a playpen hinders the child's right to chose.

Personally never used one for my first two children, but was a god send for my younger two.

Thank you in advance.

singlewiththree
23-07-2008, 09:20 AM
I think sometimes they are a necessity if you are moving from room to room and need to leave a young child alone, even a baby as its safer sometimes to put them somewhere safe away from the others. I havent done the training either so will be interested to see the actual response to this.

crazybones
23-07-2008, 09:22 AM
I will still use my playpen/travel cot because of safety. Obviously I will not stick a child in it for any length of time but if I have to leave the room/deal with another child urgently/or anything else then I will continue to pop them in with a toy for safety or to free me up to deal with an exploded nappy or something.

Pedagog
23-07-2008, 09:29 AM
That's what I used to use mine for when my were tiny, also meant there was no danger of bigger child stepping on them when they were playing.

ruby
23-07-2008, 12:12 PM
have to say we never use a playpen but then there are two of us so one is always in the room.

but if i was on my own then i would if the need arises

cathy

Rubybubbles
23-07-2008, 12:31 PM
never used one so afraid don't know, but would be interested in the answer

childminder54
23-07-2008, 01:07 PM
nothing said on the eyfs course..

veronicaxx

sarah707
23-07-2008, 01:41 PM
I have one which I use to keep baby safe when I go to the loo, pop out of the room, answer the door etc...

Plus baby is in danger from older children sometimes when they are tantrumming or being silly and I need to put him out of the way so i can manage the others.

I always make sure he has safe toys to play with and he is never in there long. :D

Pedagog
23-07-2008, 02:10 PM
Thank you all.

bubbly
24-07-2008, 08:09 PM
I do exactly the same as Annie337

donnahay0
24-07-2008, 09:32 PM
Well we are not supposed to leave them unattended, but we do need to have a wee, answer the door so I think they will certainly have their use. I don't have one, but if I need to go to the loo then it is the travel cot or high chair - I am certainly not taking babies to the loo with me.

Pedagog
25-07-2008, 07:22 AM
Well that's what I was thinking, there are times when you really can not have a baby on your hip, as you say going to the toilet, answering the door etc.