PDA

View Full Version : Help... 18 month old

Blueeyedminder
20-03-2014, 09:15 AM
I have a LO boy, 18 months old and I don't know what to do with him, I'm running out of ideas! He literally will do something for no more than 10 secs, this includes activities and toys! He pulls every you out and I set activities up because I don't want him bored! I really dread him coming now because I find him such hard work :(

smurfette
20-03-2014, 09:30 AM
I have a LO boy, 18 months old and I don't know what to do with him, I'm running out of ideas! He literally will do something for no more than 10 secs, this includes activities and toys! He pulls every you out and I set activities up because I don't want him bored! I really dread him coming now because I find him such hard work :(

Can you get out to a toddler group might keep him busy if other kids there and different toys to yours? Or out to a park or something., today is really wet though I know! I have four mindees of this age and go out most mornings to soft play, playground, toddler groups etc and then in the afternoon they free play a lot. I do do activities but I think their concentration isn't brilliant yet! Good luck I know it's hard going!

Blueeyedminder
20-03-2014, 09:39 AM
There's no groups on a Thursday :( I have a pick up at 10:45 anyway! Oh it's gunna be a looong day

watford wizz
20-03-2014, 10:26 AM
Try not getting activities out but letting him get things out, he's obviously curious and want to explore give him lots of bags and boxes with things in to find himself. I used a large holdall once for a child like this and he would empty all sorts out then sit in it as his train/boat/plane x we filled it with sand /pebbles/ bricks/ bits of wood/ straw as well as indoor toys x