PDA

View Full Version : Mindees mum let her wee on my driveway

skatie
20-03-2014, 07:21 AM
Just need a rant, and to find out if I'm being overly sensitive? My mindee turns up at 7am everyday. I went to the upstairs window to see if they had arrived to see mum squatting child on my driveway to have a wee. Made me really cross! Not in the flower bed that was 1 foot away but right on the drive! I'm in a rented house and am worried that if a neighbour saw the. They would complain. Also, the child is nearly 4, I would expect her to have enough bladder control to knock on the door and run to the toilet? Perhaps I'm just being silly but when I opened the door mum said little one had just watered my bush?! Erm no, there is clearly a puddle in the middle of my driveway that I witnessed with my own eyes. As usual I didn't say anything!

shortstuff
20-03-2014, 07:36 AM
I think I would be sarcastic and say something like oh the garden fairies planted a new bush in the drive again.

I would not be happy but if a neighbour does complain then I would apologise but remind them you are only responsible for your own actions however you would have a word.

miffy
20-03-2014, 07:39 AM
I'd have given her a watering can and asked her to wash it down!

Miffy xx

mrs robbie williams
20-03-2014, 07:41 AM
i wouldnt be happy :angry::angry:

Simona
20-03-2014, 07:46 AM
Just need a rant, and to find out if I'm being overly sensitive? My mindee turns up at 7am everyday. I went to the upstairs window to see if they had arrived to see mum squatting child on my driveway to have a wee. Made me really cross! Not in the flower bed that was 1 foot away but right on the drive! I'm in a rented house and am worried that if a neighbour saw the. They would complain. Also, the child is nearly 4, I would expect her to have enough bladder control to knock on the door and run to the toilet? Perhaps I'm just being silly but when I opened the door mum said little one had just watered my bush?! Erm no, there is clearly a puddle in the middle of my driveway that I witnessed with my own eyes. As usual I didn't say anything!

I would say it is unacceptable behaviour from a parent who you should be very clear in telling to respect your property whether it is your own or a rented one...this has no justification

Why not say anything? you must because if you as a cm let your mindee do that in someone's drive you would certainly get into trouble

Shocking and disrespectful

Koala
20-03-2014, 07:48 AM
Does she walk her in with a lead and collar! and have a water bowl on the kitchen floor for her!!

That is shocking!!!!!!! I am aghast!!

yummyripples
20-03-2014, 07:54 AM
I would have said something along the lines of 'oh my goodness. Are you trying to get me shut down by ofsted? They would have a field day with that'
I know ofsted probably wouldn't bat an eyelid (or would they?) But at least you would have made it known that it's not appropriate

benandjerrys
20-03-2014, 09:16 AM
Why on earth would anyone allow a 4 year old to do that in view of other houses. Parent isn't teaching child privacy at all. Why not just knock on ? Strange...

QualityCare
20-03-2014, 09:36 AM
Absolutely disgusting and rude l would have opened the window or door and said something there and then and then given mum a bucket of disinfectant to clean up, surely child wasn't out long enough to go from not needing toilet when she left home to being so desperate she couldn't wait a few more minutes to use the toilet.

AliceK
20-03-2014, 10:27 AM
I'd have given her a watering can and asked her to wash it down!

Miffy xx

I would have done this too.
That's terrible, I would seriously not be happy about that.

xxx

tess1981
20-03-2014, 10:34 AM
I would neighbours complained and tell her under no circumstances should thus happen again would she like you to wee on her street

mama2three
20-03-2014, 11:22 AM
As Miffy said , id have given her disinfectant and a watering can. Although its easy to have a response when youre not on the spot! Im not sure there is a lot you can say now unfortunately.

Macca3437
20-03-2014, 11:48 AM
Oh My God!!!

What is wrong with these people? Why would you do that? I am totally disgusted. I would have had to say something to her. It doesn't matter if you're home is rented or not. That doesn't mean people can use your driveway as a toilet.
What if she does it again? Or worse still needs a number 2? Sorry I know that's horrible, but where does it stop?

buzzy bee
20-03-2014, 11:51 AM
Unbelievable!! I probably wouldn't have said anything either because I'd have been too angry!

bernesewalking
20-03-2014, 12:15 PM
A few years back I had a little boy who tried to pull his trousers down in the garden for a poo, after sending him to the toilet and saying we don't do that in the garden I told his mum, who replied' what's the problem with it! We let him do it in ours, he was 6 at the time, mind you this was the mum who thought it was ok for him to play with electric sockets!

skatie
20-03-2014, 12:43 PM
I'm pleased I'm not the only one who thought this was bizarre and outrageous behaviour. I should have said something but was actually a bit shocked to say something without being completely rude. It's really bothered me all day! This is the second incident this week as LO has had a cough and cold this week but nothing major. Mum and Dad are divorced. Dad was due to have lo for the night on Tuesday evening, on Tuesday morning he texts to ask how LO is feeling? Second text straight after that to say he has been on phone to doctor to see if Lo needs a prescription. Third text after that to say he has appointment at docs for LO and will collect early. I've sat there for a minute and thought... I've clearly missed something so replied to dad and said really sorry but as far as I knew lo just had a cold because mum had said NOTHINg about lo being unwell at all on drop off. dad texts back to say, oh had a text from mum at 6 in the morning to say lO had been awake for 3 hours in the night with a really bad throat?! Having asked lo is she was poorly she said yes, mummy had been giving her medicine! To top it off lO happily said to everyone here that when she doesn't brush her teeth at mummies house then mummy gives her a chewing gum in the car! I was specifically asked to buy a tooth brush so she could occasionally brush her teeth here, would it not have been better to just ask me to brush Los teeth instead of giving her gum? Sorry, major rant!

shortstuff
20-03-2014, 01:37 PM
This mum sounds as though she isnt coping. She is making lots of random decisions. Could you try asking her about the teeth brushing and use of your driveway?

SYLVIA
20-03-2014, 04:39 PM
I can't believe she allowed her to do it. Maybe if the LO had started to go and mum was trying to rush her to the door and into the loo you'd except a dribble on the driveway but to actually stop and allow her to do a complete wee on the drive? No,no,no. That's just disgusting and disrespectful!!!!!

wee_elf
20-03-2014, 04:48 PM
It genuinely surprises me just how vile some people can be! I am totally understanding to children having accidents but for a adult to encourage them to do this :angry:

blue bear
20-03-2014, 08:13 PM
I'd have told her directly, no you cannot let your lo do that and made her clean it up. I find telling parents off part of the job sometimes.

kaz26
20-03-2014, 08:50 PM
I had exactly the same thing but boy was 7! Wasn't happy :angry:

MAWI
20-03-2014, 09:15 PM
Gobsmacked!! I would be horrified.

Unbelievable.

AdeleMarie88
20-03-2014, 09:36 PM
The chewing gum is just as alarming to me...I think mom is struggling, and perhaps not making the best decisions...who would give a child gum opposed to brushing teeth??

I think you need to address this, as there seems to be a bigger issue here, and if there is, what will mom let little one do next??

Grit your teeth, and good luck!