PDA

View Full Version : Scarlet Fever...

Tealady
19-03-2014, 11:04 PM
is doing the rounds here.

Two mindees who don't attend on the same day both have it. Another mindee has started with a sore throat so we'll see how that develops.

Mindee due tomorrow has been on Anti-biotics for more then 24hrs and is well in herself so will here tomorrow with her sister who clear so far but potentially cooking it.

Don't really want any of them here tomorrow but know I can't really close.

Feel like faking a tummy bug just so as I can close but can't be house bound at the moment as I have so much on. I know it is mild and easily treated these days but we have had cold after cold and DS was hospitalized as a baby due to a Strep infection causing Septicimia so the thought of such an infection scares me.

Mouse
19-03-2014, 11:11 PM
I know there is a lot of it about so I'm being extra vigilant with my mindees as they're all under the weather at the moment.

I was furious with a friend of mine as she sent her daughter to school, despite thinking she might have it. My friend was just "too busy" to make a doctors appointment and knew her daughter should be at home, but "dosed her up with calpol and hoped for the best". This friend is a teacher :panic:

It turned out to be just a virus, but I still thought it was very irresponsible of her.

maisiemog
20-03-2014, 07:32 AM
The only time my daughter has ever been truly ill was with scarlet fever a couple of years ago. She was sent home from pre school with a high temperature and then within an hour of getting home was having a febrile convulsion.

A day of antibiotics and she was back to normal. You would never have guessed that only a day earlier she was so poorly. The ones that have had it and on antibiotics will be fine to attend an chances are your own child will have already had plenty of exposure to it!

lizduncan72
20-03-2014, 08:12 AM
I've had one off since Monday with it, found out on Facebook last night that he's coming back today!!!! Not impressed that I wasn't told but mum put on FB that 'he's a lot better and will be back at Liz's tomorrow and nursery if he feels like it'!!!!

tulip0803
20-03-2014, 09:45 AM
My exclusion says 5 days from start of treatment with doctor's conformation that they are fit to return.

Although looking at the HPA guidelines I need to change it as it says they can return 24 hours after starting antibiotics. http://www.hpa.org.uk/webc/HPAwebFile/HPAweb_C/1194947358374

It is still a notifiable disease though