PDA

View Full Version : safety question

linzi66
19-03-2014, 04:30 PM
Hi now that spring is here all of my children are asking to play in my garden after school, however I need to make tea and stay in with the little ones so my question is do I let the older Children play outside unsupervised? What would you do?

lilac_dragon
19-03-2014, 04:48 PM
Hi now that spring is here all of my children are asking to play in my garden after school, however I need to make tea and stay in with the little ones so my question is do I let the older Children play outside unsupervised? What would you do?

Children need to be within sight and/or hearing at all times. I'm afraid that we have a "one in - all in" rule here, but then my garden is 130 feet long, so I really do need to be with them. I have Nanny Cam down there, but am reluctant to leave any but the High School age down there alone.
It's a tricky one, and I'm sure there will be lots of opinions!

JCrakers
19-03-2014, 04:52 PM
My kitchen window overlooks the garden so I let the older children out as I can see them while I'm making tea. The little ones stay in as I need to watch them more closely :D

I would love a 130ft garden :( Mine is about 30ftx50ft

AliceK
19-03-2014, 05:24 PM
The school children I def let out on their own, I can hear them and have only got to pop my head out the back door to see them. They know the rules so if they break them then they won't be allowed out without me. LO's I am not so keen on as although I know they will behave and they can't escape I worry about them climbing the slide and falling (although they are perfectly capable of climbing them).

xxx

tess1981
20-03-2014, 07:51 AM
I can see the lo's from the kitchen windows they are out my back. The back door is left open so I can see and hear while I get on with cooking