PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected Day Off

donnahay0
23-07-2008, 07:55 AM
Wow, I was supposed to have children today but both sets of parents have cancelled so I am free all day. How often does that happen!

So, obviously the first thing I did was to log onto the forum to catch up. What I should be doing is housework, posting some parcels, doing a mountain of ironing and tackling a mountain of childminding paperwork & preparing a dinner for the family as I am off out this evening and wont get time later.

What I would like to do is, sit in my garden and enjoy the sunshine, go an have a pedicure & massage, perhaps do a little bit of clothes shopping or look at new furniture for my new conservatory (not finished yet).

How does it feel to know you are all much more important than all the other things on my list.

Have a good day everybody whatever you are doing.

wendywu
23-07-2008, 07:57 AM
SOOOOO NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a good one:)

Pedagog
23-07-2008, 07:58 AM
Go and do all thoses jobs on your to do list.:)

crazybones
23-07-2008, 07:58 AM
Lucky you. I have worked out I might have a day off on Friday 15th August :rolleyes: Parent is still deciding which week to take. Fingers crossed because this is the day before my hols so it would be really useful.

donnahay0
23-07-2008, 08:02 AM
Keeping my fingers crossed for you Annie - where are you going for your holiday?

Rubybubbles
23-07-2008, 08:05 AM
lucky you! I've got baby in bed and lo arriving at 10am

tbh hols not to bad, going round to my friends later :clapping:

crazybones
23-07-2008, 08:07 AM
Spain. Our first 2 week holiday in 13 years :clapping: I cant wait. We went for a week last year to the same place (paid for by inlaws) and we came straight back and booked 2 weeks. I am not good with flying but managed to get through it with the help of brandy. :blush:

sarah707
23-07-2008, 08:11 AM
I've got just one 5 year old today plus my 2 ... we are off to get my dd's hair cut in a little while, then lunch out.

Enjoy your day Donna, you deserve it! :D

manjay
SOOOOO NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a good one:)This is my 2 year old ds favourite saying. Although it comes out as SNOT Fair!!!

Have a fab day Donna xx

donnahay0
Yes Newbie you are quite right I should do all thos jobs on my to do list - but it will take me all day just to do one thing and the sun is shining out there. I might have a cup of tea and think about it. :laughing:

Pudding Girl
23-07-2008, 08:12 AM
How lovely, day off with full pay :) enjoy it!