PDA

View Full Version : Fed up with certain things going on!

Jayse74
19-03-2014, 10:56 AM
I am getting really tired of certain parents who have nothing to do with us, have no children in our setting and are focusing on my partner and trying to demoralize her!

This happens quite regular in or around the school grounds, has been a constant element since September 2012.

This morning my partner had:

2 x EY's over 1yr old in a double buggy
1 x 4yr old going to pre-school
1 x 5yr old going to school

One of the parents said we were over numbers! lol... were we?

Comments like these are always timed so others see and hear! It is always the same group who do this. They tend to have a total disreguard for the fact we are Ofsted registered.

I am sat here thinking... what did we do wrong?

karen2010
19-03-2014, 11:01 AM
No you are not over numbers!
If it was me, next time it happened I would stop, fix them with a glare, and say "As a registered Childminder I am fully aware of all the regulations regarding my work - and I would thank you to not comment on my job as I wouldnt dream of commenting on yours".
Thats if they have one!
Try not to let it get you down - some people just like to interfere and I generally find they are miserable creatures with very little going on in their own lives!
xxx

amylouise867
19-03-2014, 11:27 AM
Sending a hug x

Try to ignore these people as much as possible x

Know it's not easy as it doesn't begin to grind you down.

Truth is holding your head high and smiling will annoy them more than a reaction.

As the saying goes "Don't waste your time with explanations, people only hear what they want to hear anyway"

It's not worth her time or energy. You can never reason with these kind of people.

Boils down to jealousy!

Keep doing the great job your doing!!

Hugs ☺️

Jayse74
19-03-2014, 11:47 AM
Thank you :)

I tend to look out a lot for my partner. I feel that if this is something unjustified then I cannot just let it happen! but you have to act a certain way and project the right attitude/image.

I think this is their plan tbh. Keep on at us until we quit or do something that shows them they were right. Just seems downright nasty imho!

I like the comments "You are raking it in!" Yes well if that was the case we would not be here, we do not even have a car lol! just crazy. They will not say any of this to the new wrap-around provision they have managed to get in! Even if it costs more.

jackie 7
19-03-2014, 12:26 PM
I would look at them smile and say no I am not over my numbers as this lo is in full time school. And if I was a nursery I could have loads more. If I was a mum I could have as many as I could afford and not have to be accused of going over my numbers.

littlemiss60561
19-03-2014, 01:13 PM
How about " Were you asking as you wanted a space?as i can legaly have 2 more schoolies yet"

tess1981
19-03-2014, 01:33 PM
How about " Were you asking as you wanted a space?as i can legaly have 2 more schoolies yet"

Ha ha good one

Jayse74
19-03-2014, 08:19 PM
Sometimes I wonder why we bother with this career but you then realize you are doing the right thing for somebody at least!

We seem to get one or two negatives followed by a positive, sometimes the positive is just small or sometimes really big!
Its just a pity that the negative people never see this, all they ever worry about is why I am helping my partner or why the latest parent on our books is so happy with us.

Tomorrow is another day and something else will come along, be it good or bad lol.

blue bear
19-03-2014, 08:31 PM
If some said something like that to me, I'd laugh at them like I thought they were joking and say "I could have 2 more plus over eights but these are enough for me at the moment"
Bullies only bully if they think you are bothered.