PDA

View Full Version : Things to do list

donnahay0
23-07-2008, 07:47 AM
I have this ever growing things to do list. Trouble is I whizz through the things I can do quickly, like laminating a poster but there are some things on my list that never seem to get done even though they might be a higher priority than the other things. An example of this is to finish off my outings risk assessments - have done several but still a few to do and sorting all my folders out. Also still have to do my book-keeping from April as the receipts are piling up.

I can't seem to get myself motivated to just get on with them - mind you one of the problems is not havng enough time, having to do something else or simply getting interrupted constantly.

Is anybody else having trouble with their do do list, if so what in particular - I can't be the only one!

crazybones
23-07-2008, 07:53 AM
I have trouble with anything that cant be interupted or involves me spreading stuff out on the desk and sitting and thinking about it. I have to do it at weekend and beg hubby to take the kids out so I can clear my head because when they are here they alway have to ask Mum to get a drink for them etc - never Dad :rolleyes:

Pedagog
23-07-2008, 07:56 AM
I know how you feel, I am terrible for putting off a job for tomorrow.

katickles
23-07-2008, 07:57 AM
Funny you should write that Donna - my list is growing to fast!!

Last night i was at a network meeting & so when i got home at 9:30 I sat doing my catch up with my accounts - had to catch up from May. At 11:30 I called it a night but did manage to get loads done.

I have my EYFS files to re-organize & get into some kind of order, my Unique child files to get arranged ready for there returns. Letters to parents, photo's to get developed, loads of NVQ homework & reserch, I need to do a contract for new mindee oh I could go on & on!

I also have a few house jobs to do, & looking at the amount of toys my dd has already got out, don't think i'll be doing many of my jobs until she's having her lunch time sleep.

Good luck with your list :)

sarah707
23-07-2008, 08:16 AM
I did a huge pile of filing and sorting out Sunday morning before the children got up ... it made me feel much better about life in general ... how daft is that?? :rolleyes:

donnahay0
23-07-2008, 08:20 AM
I know the feeling Sarah. Getting something done to me is like getting a big tick off my mental list - what I really would like is a gold star but never get enough done for that.

Am I past help!

tomthumb
23-07-2008, 01:45 PM
I have not even got round to doing the to do list!!!
I feel better knowing that I am not the only one that has not done book keeping yet. I have just ordered a book from ncma to help me out. Mind you I have 2 lots to do as I am also runnig another business....ahhhhh:eek:

Elodie XX

venus89
23-07-2008, 03:38 PM
I know the feeling Sarah. Getting something done to me is like getting a big tick off my mental list - what I really would like is a gold star but never get enough done for that.

Am I past help!

What you could do is bribe yourself with wine - do X number of jobs, you earn one mouthful, do y number of jobs you get a whole glass. z number of jobs - you've earned a bottle! :D

manjay
23-07-2008, 03:43 PM
I find the trouble with my list is that as soon as one gets ticked off I seem to add 2 more to the bottom:panic:

childminder54
23-07-2008, 03:49 PM
ive got loads to do veronicaxxx

ajs
23-07-2008, 04:15 PM
I find the trouble with my list is that as soon as one gets ticked off I seem to add 2 more to the bottom:panic:

snap

and you lot just talk too much for me to be off for too long

pauline close the forum for a bit so i can do my risk assessments please xx

Wendy Woo
23-07-2008, 04:17 PM
im a nitemare

one day i will be organised

going on hols a week sat and keep sayin to myself i will pack this week so i am not rushing round next week but tis already wed and nothin done!!!!!
how bad is that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FizzysFriends
23-07-2008, 05:15 PM
My list always get longer in the holidays too :(

We need a magic to do list fairy that will come and do it all for us.

butterfly
24-07-2008, 11:04 AM
i always put off the big jobs because i just don't have time to think about them with 2 little kids all day long! i need a good block of time to make it worthwhile getting the stuff out!! i seriously need to do some outings risk assessments but they're soooo boring!

miffy
24-07-2008, 11:14 AM
I just spend far too much time on the forum :blush: :laughing:

Miffy xx

donnahay0
24-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Had another unexpected day off and really cracked on with some of the boring jobs.

I think I have cracked it - well probably not - I have entered all the jobs to be done into the task manager on outlook express and given them a to do by date. When you have completed the task you get to tick it off and it puts a line through it. It's all really neat and yes I am really sad. Today I have raced through loads of jobs just so I could see loads them crossed off.

A reminder pops up onthe window to say a job is due. I expect I will end up closing it just soI can carry on reading the posts on the forum. he he

Gherkin
24-07-2008, 10:07 PM
Accounts, updating policies inline with EYFS etc etc etc.... my dh laughs a t my todo list as he says it only ever gets longer.

My bugbear at the moment is my accounts. Haven't done them since April and really need to sit my bum done and crack on with them. :panic:

donnahay0
24-07-2008, 10:11 PM
I haven't done them either - that job is entered for deadline on Sunday. Once I get going it really shouldnt take too lone. One lives in hope anyway.

Pedagog
25-07-2008, 07:14 AM
I put tasks in the task manager, and when the pop up appears to tell me, I just put it off for a day or two, and still don't do it.

donnahay0
25-07-2008, 07:20 AM
I put tasks in the task manager, and when the pop up appears to tell me, I just put it off for a day or two, and still don't do it.

Knew it would be too good to be true - you can't say I didnt try though.

Chimps Childminding
25-07-2008, 05:09 PM
My list also gets longer by the minute!!!!!!! Just done my tax return but that was only done because the Tax Credits for had to be back by the end of the month, otherwise it would still be sitting on the pile!

I really should stop coming on here then I would get things done - but I turn the computer on and the forum pops up automatically (lol) :laughing: :laughing: my sons think I am obsessed :laughing: