PDA

View Full Version : Charecter references???

leahsfx
19-03-2014, 12:57 AM
I am in the process of registering. All courses complete, Medical certificate is done, DBS and I.D verification is sent. But I recently heard a mention of 2 character references.., what are theses? TIA x

shortstuff
19-03-2014, 06:38 AM
This is 2 individuals who have kniwn you for a certain duration (cant remember how long). You give ofsted their details and they are sent a quick form to fill in about you.

flipflop20
19-03-2014, 07:35 AM
It can be anyone who can write about your character (not family), but can be a friend. They must've known you for 12months. You can ask them to write it beforehand and submit with your application this may speed the application up, ofsted may just double check with the person who wrote it.

I've asked my best friend, who has a lil boy so she can talk about how I am with him etc, and another friend/colleague who can talk about how I am professionally etc

Vikki5531
19-03-2014, 07:47 AM
It can be anyone who can write about your character (not family), but can be a friend. They must've known you for 12months. You can ask them to write it beforehand and submit with your application this may speed the application up, ofsted may just double check with the person who wrote it. I've asked my best friend, who has a lil boy so she can talk about how I am with him etc, and another friend/colleague who can talk about how I am professionally etc

This is what I'm doing, I'm going to send mine off with my application to hopefully try and speed the process up, fingers crossed! xx

leahsfx
19-03-2014, 08:19 PM
I don't remember filling in that on the DBS application form online!? Arrrggh... Freaking out now that I missed it!? I did check through it and paid at the end. Is there a way of checking sent forms to double check?

Vikki5531
19-03-2014, 08:22 PM
I don't remember filling in that on the DBS application form online!? Arrrggh... Freaking out now that I missed it!? I did check through it and paid at the end. Is there a way of checking sent forms to double check?

No your character references are separate to your DBS check.

The character references are on your Ofsted application form.

Don't panic xx

leahsfx
19-03-2014, 08:30 PM
No your character references are separate to your DBS check. The character references are on your Ofsted application form. Don't panic xx

OMG thanks Hun, I nearly had kittens!
The whole process is very confusing and soooo stressful x

Vikki5531
19-03-2014, 08:33 PM
[QUOTE="leahsfx;1350725"] OMG thanks Hun, I nearly had kittens! The whole process is very confusing and soooo stressful x[/u vQUOTE]

I know what you mean, it's such a long winded process! But hopefully it will all be worth it in the end :)