PDA

View Full Version : continuity of care, 3 toddlers and 1 baby?

Npg1
18-03-2014, 10:03 PM
Hi just after some advice....

I am pregnant and due in october. If I keep all my children it would mean one 3 year old, two 2 year olds and my newborn.

Can I do this?

Thanks

Snowwhite
18-03-2014, 11:20 PM
Afraid its not allowed if all the minded ones will be with you on the same day,including your own.Only allowed 3 children under 5 and of those 3 only two of them can be under 18 months old.Exeptions may be made if siblings but need permission first before doing that
Only once a child is in fulltime school they are no longer included in your under 5 year old ratio (even if they are 4 and in fulltime education) Hope that helps

Rick
18-03-2014, 11:27 PM
I disagree. If you have three children and then have your own baby then you are allowed to increase your ratios for continuity of care.

Rick
18-03-2014, 11:28 PM
It is specifically mentioned in the EYFS

3.40 If a childminder can demonstrate to parents and/or carers and inspectors, that the individual needs of all the children are being met, then exceptions to the usual ratios can be made when childminders are caring for sibling babies, or when caring for their own baby. If children aged four and five only attend the childminding setting before and/or after a normal school day, and/or during school holidays, they may be cared for at the same time as three other young children. But in all circumstances, the total number of children under the age of eight being cared for must not exceed six.

amyp
19-03-2014, 06:00 AM
You can if you have your own it's continuity of care- good luck! Xx

shortstuff
19-03-2014, 06:39 AM
I agree with Rick. Its continuity of care.

Npg1
19-03-2014, 08:28 AM
Thank you everyone. I'm not sure I will do it yet but this could be an option. Hard work though!

KatieFS
19-03-2014, 01:17 PM
I would also do a risk assessment to cover your increased numbers. This demonstrates to ofsted and parents you're considering everyone's safety, well being etc
Your going to be v busy!!!