PDA

View Full Version : Applying to ofsted help!

pinkzed
18-03-2014, 08:27 PM
So I have been trying to apply to ofsted but finding it really hard and long winded. I have completed mine and my husbands DBS which had been sent off and my health deceleration but when I try to apply to ofsted it says I can't until my husband had sent his bit. He then completed his bit but when he tried to submit it it said he couldn't until we had our DBS checks back. I hope this makes sense but I really do t know what to do next. I just want to start working!

Vikki5531
18-03-2014, 08:50 PM
Hi,

Have you received your DBS certificate yet? If not, you can't apply to Ofsted. This is the position I am in xx

pinkzed
18-03-2014, 09:43 PM
No. It's so frustrating isn't it?!

Vikki5531
18-03-2014, 09:56 PM
Yep it's such a waiting game!

Have you got your 2 character references yet? I'm going to send mine off with my application to try and speed it up xx

pinkzed
18-03-2014, 09:59 PM
No but they are good friends so they know to get them done and sent off quickly.

leahsfx
18-03-2014, 10:17 PM
Sorry, what are the 2 character references? I have sent DRB and had I.D checked... Am I missing something?

NinkyNonk
19-03-2014, 08:07 AM
I have literally just gone through this...I agree it is so long winded and not explained very well at all! Yes you will need the DBS check back, so you can input the certificate numbers. Your hubby then needs to do his EY2 for (I'm assuming that's the bit he's trying to do) and then it will let you submit yours. It took 2 weeks for me to hear anything after mine being submitted. I also chased for my invoice and they said it had been raised days before - I hadn't had an email and it wasn't there when I logged in. Finally now all on track and waiting for a date for my visit.

pinkzed
19-03-2014, 02:47 PM
It's the 2 references you put down on the DBS form.