PDA

View Full Version : Caring for a child for never comes to my house?!

Miss freckles
18-03-2014, 01:29 PM
I was contacted a few days ago by a parent who just needs me to pick her son up from school and drop him to her grandparents house five mins away from my house.

What kind of contract do I have set up for this? Is it the same contract as everybody else even though the child will not be entering the property. Do I only get her to sign the policies that would be relevant to outside?

It also means I'm taking a lot of children and a double buggy on a longer walk now, am I right in thinking it wouldn't be allowed to (with parents signed permission) to leave the other children at my house with my husband while I take the child back, which would be a maximum of 10 mins. Or is it not allowed for any amount of time unless he was my registered assistant.!?

shortstuff
18-03-2014, 01:37 PM
in regards to the contract im not sure, i would think you would do the usual one as the child will still be in your supervision.

When talking about leaving the other children with your OH you would risk breaching your registration as they arent within sight or hearing of you. If your OH registers as your assistant he would still need to complete the paed first aid course and in some areas the safeguarding course too.

Miss freckles
18-03-2014, 01:46 PM
Yes that's what I though regards to leaving the other children but thought It was worth checking, as everything's always constantly changing, and it's def not worth registering my husband and him paying out for first aid for the sake of 10 mins. I will have to take the other children with me, and drop off my own two children on my way past at least that will be two less I guess.

Chatterbox Childcare
18-03-2014, 01:55 PM
How old is the child. Would it be worth your husband collecting and dropping off the child as he wouldn't need to be registered to do it as it is under 2 hours?

shortstuff
18-03-2014, 01:57 PM
have you given any thought to this arrangement? is it long term? would it stop you taking on other children? what would you do in bad weather?

Personally i think i would be reluctant to take this on on a long term basis as every space is valuable.

Miss freckles
18-03-2014, 03:15 PM
I still have spaces available and I have two siblings moving in May so spaces aren't an issue. It may not be long term either and the child is literally 3 roads up from mine, an extra 5 mins each way.