PDA

View Full Version : Food inspection tomorrow! Ahhhh!

ja-lula-belli
18-03-2014, 01:19 PM
I all I have my food inspection tomorrow just wondered what to expect? Should I be nervous because I am !
Any tips? How long does it last?
What is the outcome of them?

amyp
18-03-2014, 01:20 PM
Ohh who is inspecting you? The LA? I don't think we get food inspections here.

shortstuff
18-03-2014, 01:24 PM
I actually enjoyed mine. Although i think it helped that it was a very good looking young man lol.

It was pretty easy and mainly a discussion about how you handle food etc. I dont even recall him looking at anywhere near as much in my kitchen as i expected. He liked the fact that if I wrap any part used packets of food in foil I write the name and expiry date on the outside for easy monitoring.

Im sure it will be fine, just have a good read of the safer food booklet and know the info in there or be able to describe where you would find answers if you cant remember.

Jayse74
18-03-2014, 02:01 PM
We had one and it was fine! They come in, mainly to check where you prep food etc. They like to know you aware of food safety, the right temp's in the fridge etc. They like to know you have done food hygiene and are up to date.

Little things like good practice, storing things correctly that kinda thing.

We did not get a nice bit of paper even though we did well. which was a shame as we could have pasted it to the wall for parents to see.

Jayse74
18-03-2014, 02:03 PM
I actually enjoyed mine. Although i think it helped that it was a very good looking young man lol.

It was pretty easy and mainly a discussion about how you handle food etc. I dont even recall him looking at anywhere near as much in my kitchen as i expected. He liked the fact that if I wrap any part used packets of food in foil I write the name and expiry date on the outside for easy monitoring.

Im sure it will be fine, just have a good read of the safer food booklet and know the info in there or be able to describe where you would find answers if you cant remember.

Ours was a young woman. She used a probe on the fridge, just made sure the fridge was at the right temp. Was very happy with everything else :)

Helly Belly
18-03-2014, 02:12 PM
A lady came to mine a few wks ago from environmental health it lasted 6 mins !! She checked my kitchen and that I used antibacterial spray, asked how I warmed milk, looked at bathroom , I don't supply food everyone brings their own and I add ice pack when they arrive.
I got a filled out form saying good and very good
Hope all goes well for u

Glitter
18-03-2014, 02:16 PM
Mine only lasted 10 minutes. The inspector was slightly embarrassed that he had to inspect my house (he said he would hate it if someone had to do the same to his house).

He looked at my kitchen to make sure it was tidy, asked where the fridge was and what sort of cleaning products I use. The only advice he gave me was to write in my Safer Food, Better Business folder if anything changed.

Good luck with yours.

karen2010
18-03-2014, 06:07 PM
My inspection was lovely x She checked the temp of the fridge and then asked me some basic questions - if I hesitated at all she gave me the answer!
Due my first inspection soon and hopefully will be just as nice !!!!??????