PDA

View Full Version : Would appreciate quick reply to Question re contract ending please....

venus89
23-07-2008, 06:19 AM
I am pretty sure that one of my contracts will end today - the reason being that LOs granny, who pays the bill, is rumoured to be cutting her hours down at work (currently my sons teaching assistant). The other thing is that LOs Mum wants to srop her round here this morning rather than meet me at the school.

I may be barking up the wrong tree but I want to be prepared. So......

LO was due to have her last day today before September and they aren't contracted to pay in the summer hols. I have the NCMA contracts so I understand (thanks to a previous thread on this forum) I'm all right to ask for a months' money from them if they cancel today and don't intend to bring her back.

The contract also states that notice has to be given in writing - do BOTH parents have to sign this? Or, if Mum turns up today and tlls me thay're giving notice but doesn't have it in writing, can I just get her to scribble it down on a piece of paper here?

I guess then I'd write to them to acknowledge it, reinforcing what I'd already said about the 4 weeks pay, and giving them the date (and asking for a reference :D )

Is there anything else I need to do?

Thank you xx

miffy
23-07-2008, 06:24 AM
If you have the NCMA handbook take a look at page 58 para 2 that should answer your question

Miffy xx

venus89
23-07-2008, 06:29 AM
Thanks Miffy - I never thoguth of that!! :blush:

miffy
23-07-2008, 06:34 AM
Good luck - hope you get it sorted

Miffy xx

angeldelight
23-07-2008, 06:35 AM
Good luck hope she does not cut her hours

Angel xx

venus89
23-07-2008, 06:39 AM
Oh Rats now I'm cross with you - it says they don't have to pay if they wouldn't have paid anyway. Darnit. Now I thinking evil immoral thoughts about them not knowing that.... :blush:

Ah, I would be sad to see I go as she's so sweet but it's only £22.50 a week, only one day, and next term is looking very busy for me now (had another enquiry yesterday, for - initially - 1 day per week... lol). It would give me back my day off and I'd still be a lot better off than I am now, with all the new ones starting. Plus I'll still see LO at school when I go to pick my son up.

miffy
23-07-2008, 07:00 AM
Oh Venus - I'm sorry but I didn't write it, I'm just passing it on!

I hope you are wrong and it doesn't come to that

Miffy xx

venus89
23-07-2008, 07:12 AM
Oh Venus - I'm sorry but I didn't write it, I'm just passing it on!

I hope you are wrong and it doesn't come to that

Miffy xx

Lol - oh that's okay, I'm not blaming you, it's just without reading that I could have innocently got my £90 from them and now.... now I can't. At least it was only a little bit of money!!

As I said, I think that if she is leaving then that's OK - I'm going to be busy enough next term and it will be nice to have my day off still, or else I'll never see my kids and that's why I'm doing this.
xx

venus89
23-07-2008, 03:33 PM
Well after all of that worry she didn't want to get rid of me anyway, it's just that her son was off school so she didn't need to go up there. Oops :blush:

miffy
23-07-2008, 04:59 PM
Thank goodness for that

I feel much better now! Hope you do too! :D

Miffy xx

venus89
23-07-2008, 05:03 PM
Thank goodness for that

I feel much better now! Hope you do too! :D

Miffy xx

Thank you Miffy - for all my 'I don't care' this little girl really is a delight to have around so I'm secretly quite chuffed that I was wrong. Do you ever stop the feeling of being dispensible? Or is that just my personal paranoia?

miffy
23-07-2008, 05:06 PM
No I don't think you ever do (definitely not just you!) - in this job things can change so quickly you can't take anything for granted

I'm really pleased this one had a happy ending for you

Miffy xx

Spangles
23-07-2008, 05:10 PM
I know exactly where you are coming from.

I keep expecting my family to hand in their notice, I've got no reason to think this but I can't get rid of the thought. The uncertainty in this job is a bit stressful but there you go! Comes with the territory!

Glad they didn't cut the hours!