PDA

View Full Version : Feel like Im all dressed up with nowhere to go!

berkschick
07-01-2008, 09:02 AM
Hi all,

I feel a bit odd this morning!

Like Im all dressed up with nowhere to go!

This is because I have everything in place now, done the courses, registered, paid the insurance but I dont have any kids today!

I know it is really early days yet but I just feel like its a waste of a day because everything is in place except the kids.

I am going to go out round the local shops placing ads today and chase CIS up AGAIN because I am still not on the website. I also need to buy a pin board and bin for paper towels in downstairs loo! ( The bin for the paper towels not the pin board lol) How exciting! More money to add to the accounts, I am only £420 down at the moment.

Love

Debbie

angeldelight
07-01-2008, 09:04 AM
Things will soon come together for you Debbie - it does and can feel like that at first till you start getting your calls

Be patient though and get out there and let everyone know you are available

Good luck vibes coming your way

Angel xx

berkschick
07-01-2008, 09:07 AM
Thanks Angel.

I am not a very patient person, can you tell?!!

I know it is early days and I have done well to get 2 mindees already. I just wish one was full time so I could be earning a bit more and be a bit fuller!

Back to school tomorrow so I will pester the other minders a bit! I know they are all full so hopefully they will pass any enquiries on to me.

Love

Debbie

Monkey1
07-01-2008, 10:15 AM
just enjoy it before things go mad! You will soon be in the position that a day to yourself will be a far and distant memory that you will be longing to get back!!!!
Monkey!

Little Pumpkins
07-01-2008, 10:45 AM
Same here

Ive done the courses, my house is ready, my registrations complete and my insurance in place.

And my parcel from ncma has arrived.

I have already put adverts out, but I am going to do some more.

Also I called CIS this morning to see how many time my info has been sent out since I registered with them on Dec 24th and its been sent out three times which I hope is promising.

I just wish I had some calls

I should be getting my wedding stuff together but I really can't get myself motivated in that direction

berkschick
07-01-2008, 11:09 AM
Just rang CIS and my details are not active yet, despite them telling me they were last week, because they have not had confirmation from OFSTED that I am registered :angry: :angry:

So I have just been there with reg certificate to prove I am! She doesnt know if this is enough to get me on the system or not, she is going to contact OFSTED and let me know.

I have put up 4 postcards in local shops though so fingers crossed!

Love

Debbie

angeldelight
07-01-2008, 02:31 PM
Good luck Debbie

Angel xx

wellybelly
07-01-2008, 02:36 PM
ahhhh bless u, I had no enquiries for about 3 weeks. Then one lady sounded interested, but was'nt. THEN I had 3 enquiries in one day and now am filling up.

Try looking at your activities and themes, they always need adding to and sometimes just looking at them can give you more ideas for them. Dont be down hearted, it will all come together.

Its like wating for a new baby to be born te he he

Mollymop
07-01-2008, 02:40 PM
I am sure you will have your books full soon.
Good luck and keep pestering those local childminders!

Big hugs, Debbie
XX

chez1373
08-01-2008, 10:36 AM
I registered on the 16th dec and had two children start on the 17th i was very lucky as mum needed holiday cover ive not started advertising really i must do that asap,
I am hoping now the new year is over with i will have some enquiries, heres to hoping,,
Can i ask what area everyone is from????

Little Pumpkins
08-01-2008, 10:42 AM
Im just outside of wakefield west yorkshire

chez1373
08-01-2008, 11:14 AM
Im in Chesterfield Derbyshire, Not to far then little pumpkins lol

buildingblocks
08-01-2008, 05:09 PM
Make the most of this time top get activity plans, ideas, paperwork, etc together because as sure as eggs as eggs you willbe iunundated and complaining there are not enough hours in the day lol

deeb66
09-01-2008, 01:39 PM
How is is going Debbie.

Have things started to pick up?