PDA

View Full Version : Working with a volunteer

JoRo163
16-03-2014, 09:31 PM
I've been approached by a lady who is level 2 qualified, but struggling to find paid work. She is looking for a voluntary placement to gain some work experience to help her find work...

I'm going to suggest that she comes to visit so that I can meet her & discuss the possibility of a placement further.

What paperwork etc would I need to do? I'd do an application form with all her personal details etc, follow up references and do a DBS. Also, do an induction, go through policies. I don't need to do an EY2, I don't think, as she would be a volunteer, not an assistant and will not be unsupervised. But do I need to let Ofsted know?

Thanks

JoRo163
17-03-2014, 01:07 PM
Just bumping this up

Thanks

QualityCare
17-03-2014, 01:26 PM
Taken from Pacey website working with others, it doesn't say volunteers but l would have thought the situation was the same.

Working with a student
Many students on childcare courses have to do work experience placements, and some spend their time with registered childminders. Students on training placements do not normally alter the number of children you are registered to care for. If you are approached to work with a student you should contact Ofsted or the Care and Social Services Inspectorate for Wales (CSSIW). For students who will be at the premises for only a few weeks, in England, Ofsted
has said that a CRB disclosure does not necessarily have to be obtained due to the time frame of applying for a disclosure but you should contact Ofsted to check your position if you are approached to work with a student for a short time. During the time the student is working with you they must be supervised at all times and never left alone with any childminded children. Should the student be with you for longer than a few weeks, Ofsted asks for a CM2 form to be completed and a CRB disclosure obtained. Occasionally, students may be placed with you for longer periods, for example a year or more. In this case, in England, you can apply to Ofsted for a variation of your registration to have the student treated as an assistant.

JoRo163
17-03-2014, 07:33 PM
Taken from Pacey website working with others, it doesn't say volunteers but l would have thought the situation was the same. Working with a student Many students on childcare courses have to do work experience placements, and some spend their time with registered childminders. Students on training placements do not normally alter the number of children you are registered to care for. If you are approached to work with a student you should contact Ofsted or the Care and Social Services Inspectorate for Wales (CSSIW). For students who will be at the premises for only a few weeks, in England, Ofsted has said that a CRB disclosure does not necessarily have to be obtained due to the time frame of applying for a disclosure but you should contact Ofsted to check your position if you are approached to work with a student for a short time. During the time the student is working with you they must be supervised at all times and never left alone with any childminded children. Should the student be with you for longer than a few weeks, Ofsted asks for a CM2 form to be completed and a CRB disclosure obtained. Occasionally, students may be placed with you for longer periods, for example a year or more. In this case, in England, you can apply to Ofsted for a variation of your registration to have the student treated as an assistant.

Thank you :)

I didn't even think to look on the Pacey website!!