PDA

View Full Version : Blank development matters

amyp
16-03-2014, 07:37 PM
A there somewhere we can download a blank development matters to mark evidence on? Thanks x

Simona
16-03-2014, 10:15 PM
A there somewhere we can download a blank development matters to mark evidence on? Thanks x

Sorry.... but what is a blank DM?
The evidence can only be in your LJs or portfolio...how you plan, observe , assess and summarise progress...then move on to the next steps...not sure I understand...can you expand a little ?

amylouise867
16-03-2014, 11:15 PM
Sorry.... but what is a blank DM? The evidence can only be in your LJs or portfolio...how you plan, observe , assess and summarise progress...then move on to the next steps...not sure I understand...can you expand a little ?

I think she means the framework so she can print one for each child and then date and highlight as required.

There is one floating about on this site as I've seen the link before - I'm on my phone tho so can't find it :/

In sure someone will help real soon with that though :) xx

bunyip
17-03-2014, 08:25 AM
Sorry.... but what is a blank DM?
?

My local nursery has 2 DMs (Duty Managers).

Each of them are about as 'blank' as one could ever wish to meet. :rolleyes:

amylouise867
17-03-2014, 08:50 AM
My local nursery has 2 DMs (Duty Managers). Each of them are about as 'blank' as one could ever wish to meet. :rolleyes:

Lol - like it!!

While were talking about DMs etc

Can someone please tell me what DH stands for?
I take it it's husband/partner? But what's the D stand for?! Lol always puzzles me when I see people put that xx

Simona
17-03-2014, 09:32 AM
I think she means the framework so she can print one for each child and then date and highlight as required.

There is one floating about on this site as I've seen the link before - I'm on my phone tho so can't find it :/

In sure someone will help real soon with that though :) xx

I see...but why print off something that has been devised by someone else? my LA has some kind of template about this that and the other but I cannot understand it while my own devised one is the product of my reflection and needs and certainly cuts a lot of paperwork

Bunyip...that answer is pricelss!

Am I right in saying DH stands for Darling Husband?
OH is other half
DD ...darling daughter

LOL...is Laugh out loud but if you are David Cameron and send a text to Brooks is: Lots of love!!!

sing-low
17-03-2014, 10:18 AM
I always thought it was 'dear husband' although could be 'dreadful' (or worse!) depending on my mood...

bunyip
17-03-2014, 10:31 AM
I always took DH to mean "darling husband".

Mrs Bunyip maintains it stands for "dreadful husband".

I'm feeling picked on. :ohdear:

amyp
17-03-2014, 12:08 PM
Hi ladies,

I wanted to be able to write my observations next to the statements- like in the blog post here:

http://wormseye-view.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/learning%20journeys?m=0

I really like the way she does it.

However - I typed it up last night, so if you want a copy send me your email I'm happy to save you 2 hours of your life xx

Simona
17-03-2014, 01:32 PM
Hi ladies,

I wanted to be able to write my observations next to the statements- like in the blog post here:

Worms Eye-View: learning journeys (http://wormseye-view.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/learning%20journeys?m=0)

I really like the way she does it.

However - I typed it up last night, so if you want a copy send me your email I'm happy to save you 2 hours of your life xx

Unless I am wrong that is paperwork produced by Trio not the cm herself...which clearly shows on the first picture
She is obviously very confident using it but will it be useful to other cms as we all do things differently?

Incidentally Trio is one of the 20 trialling agencies

amyp
17-03-2014, 01:35 PM
I quite liked her style, how do you record your children's progression? I find it difficult to get it right.

Simona
17-03-2014, 01:43 PM
I quite liked her style, how do you record your children's progression? I find it difficult to get it right.

I wish I had an answer to that....why don't you give that format a go...you could tweak it to suit you and make it 'your style'
I have done my reports the same way for years...adapting to every change but the format is the same, it works for me because I can argue why I do it and where it leads my children
I have looked at other cms format and the LA but it made no sense to me so back to sticking to my known way

Is there a cm near you who you could discuss this with and get support? sometimes 'looking' at things can make the whole idea better.

amyp
17-03-2014, 01:44 PM
I am going to our local cm conference on Saturday I'll try "networking" haha! Thanks for your advice x

rickysmiths
17-03-2014, 02:57 PM
I write a simple observation in the LJ and then highlight the areas of Learning it covers using the Pacey EYFS stickers. I then write the next steps and make any other comments on development that I need to at the time. I use DM as guidance I do not have a copy a child and highlight it for them.

Development matters was designed so we could not highlight it or tick box it. It is meant to be used a guidance only. This was done because Ofsted said we were doing too much paperwork linking and tick boxing with the old Development Matters.

Simona
17-03-2014, 03:24 PM
My local nursery has 2 DMs (Duty Managers).

Each of them are about as 'blank' as one could ever wish to meet. :rolleyes:

Could DM stand for 'Darling Minder'...good grief !!

CarolineRussen
18-03-2014, 02:35 PM
Oooh Amyp I would be soooo greatfull if u could send me a copy. My email is caroline.russen@ntlworld.com
Tia xx